Project Thread ra29 celica

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stitchler

Hello, this is Timmy from atlanta, ga. I have a 77 toyota celica currently doing a 1uzfe swap. Did quite a bit of study thank to this forum and i thought its time to say hello. I'm still quite the noob on the 1uz but from what i seen and read so far lead me to purchase one myself.

_10150577963178969_777438968_11162588_2064725354_n.jpg

So far the 1uz is just sitting at the shop. But will be starting quite soon. If some of you can help me out, please answer a few questions for me. I searched and searched but didnt quite get the right direct answers. Will the 3uz heads and intake bolt to the 1uz bottomend?... also doesnt the 3uz have vvti?.. how would that affect the non vvti 1uz bottomend?.. rwhp gain?..

Swapping VVTI heads to non VVTI block sounds nice, but I haven't seen anyone successfully done it. I'd rather stay with non-VVTI altogther, or all VVTI together. You can port non-VVTI heads to make the flow better. There's too much trouble by swapping from different heads to different block.

If your looking for vvti then a 1uz from a second gen sc if your looking to just get more power since your looking to mix an match I'd go with a 2uz block with ported 1uz heads.

If your looking for vvti then a 1uz from a second gen sc if your looking to just get more power since your looking to mix an match I'd go with a 2uz block with ported 1uz heads.
Cast Iron block ??
In a car with this weight ? Just a brush up with a polisher would be enough, mainly between valve seat and guide..
Nice cam and springs would finish it off..On a 1UZ engine.. I would go alloy motor.. If you can get a VVT motor go for it..

Don't know what is available there ??
I fitted a cross member, rack , struts and steering column out of a latter model Corona..On a left hand drive ?? The exhaust manifold may clear steering box?..