84 supra 1uz swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
looking for 1uz to ma61 engine mounts any one selling??

cant seem to find any answers... is the spark on the 1uz controlled by the ecu??
i am going with a carb and custom manifold what will i need to time this thing???
thanks in advance

Motor used for conversion

Hi, Just bought a 84 Supra MA61 for conversion and am a newbee. really don't know what I have got myself into I am sure. Hows the project going? What type of sump configuration did you use. I am told I need a front sump 1UZFE to clear the cross member. Any suggestions and tricks for the conversion would be really appreciated. Rob

Hi i have since droppped in my 1uz!!
i purchased a 91 ls400 so i already was equipped with the correct sump!
i went with 1uz/w58 adapter and flywheel. and a quarter master slave unit.
excessive engine mounts, for ra6x and ma6x swaps.
oil filter re-locator is a must. i have yet to look for lines and parts, but i have the adaption plate for the lines.
edis-8 and am still saving for individual coil packs, to sit on my spark plugs.
and i am going holley avenger 4bbl maby 500 or 550cfm.
samples of my test fit:
DSC00226.jpg
DSC00227.jpg
dont know why it keeps poping up my 5m head pictures... lol sry..

Attachments

• DSC00223.jpg
    DSC00223.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for your reply. Just the help I needed.

Today I purchased a 91 LS400 so looks like I am on the right track. Will keep you posted once I get started and am sure to be asking many questions.

Last edited:
ouch you're using a howe? those don't even last 10,000 miles and pretty much everyone has had problems with them.

im use a "quarter master" its rather different and it cost 200$ and if it goes i will be buying a whole new bell housing and use the w58 fork and stock w58 release bearings.

if you have any more naysaying to do please dont post at all...

Thanks for your reply. Just the help I needed.

Today I purchased a 91 LS400 so looks like I am on the right track. Will keep you posted once I get started and am sure to be asking many questions.

i myself am learning as i go. so we can work together in finding out what works and what does not.

Hi, Just bought a 84 Supra MA61 for conversion and am a newbee. really don't know what I have got myself into I am sure. Hows the project going? What type of sump configuration did you use. I am told I need a front sump 1UZFE to clear the cross member. Any suggestions and tricks for the conversion would be really appreciated. Rob

you should start a build thread i am very interested in your project. cheers:D

im use a "quarter master" its rather different and it cost 200$ and if it goes i will be buying a whole new bell housing and use the w58 fork and stock w58 release bearings.

if you have any more naysaying to do please dont post at all...

it was just a word of advice from someone that has lots of experience doing these swaps. but hey, if you want to be a prick, so be it.

i have only seen slave cylinders pointed up with holes drilled through the top of the bell housing, i was thinking of tilting it, so that it matches up with my soft line on the car better. hopfully it bleeds nice still...:eek:

Way overdue for an update!
I ended up buying another 1uzfe this one out of a 96? Celsior. 1uz is running on stock ecu, aluminum rad w/ dual 12" electric fans, and an aluminum one piece drive shaft.
Currently using It as my daily, but I don't drive much so it's perfect.
Here is just a brief vid of it starting and reving with open headers:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MRqv8kherLw