97 ls400 engine light on with ticking noise

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

weiss703

97 ls400 with 204500 miles, engine light on code P0340 camshaft position sensor bank 1, also ticking noise, rough idle, hesitation, loss of power when acceleration if press more on gas car jerks and hesitates. my mechanic has replaced both camshaft sensors, engine cooling temp sensor, cleaned throttle body, but symptoms still present engine light with same code P0340 on. this is how it sounds, i need help i dont wanna lose this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id be worried about the noise and the cam sensor code. The Caps and rotors are a good idea to look at while you are there check the cam timing and I think it would be worth removing the tappet covers and checking tappet clearances , sissor gears and maybe a compression test might be a good idea too. Actually I would do a compression test first. Cheers

97 ls400 with 204500 miles, engine light on code P0340 camshaft position sensor bank 1, also ticking noise, rough idle, hesitation, loss of power when acceleration if press more on gas car jerks and hesitates. my mechanic has replaced both camshaft sensors, engine cooling temp sensor, cleaned throttle body, but symptoms still present engine light with same code P0340 on. this is how it sounds, i need help i dont wanna lose this car.

So, he didn't check one of two things. The sensor, and the circuitry needed to deliever the signal to the ECU. Or PCM in the case of 96 and newer. You still have the car? Was the actual engine timing checked?

it might be a bomb tell him to cut the red wire noo wait
maybe its the blue wire heheheh

could me cam belt timing out
did u recently get timing belt done at 200000 miles

fk me another fkhead mechanic changing the coolant temp sensor
y the fk do they blame the temp sensor
and why the fk dont they test the sensor before they change it
fking people are not mechanics any more they just fking change parts
and they cant fking diagnose
wish i lived over there i would make a fking fortune by charging alot but actually fixing the car properly heheheheh

fk me another fkhead mechanic changing the coolant temp sensor
y the fk do they blame the temp sensor
and why the fk dont they test the sensor before they change it
fking people are not mechanics any more they just fking change parts
wish i lived over there i would make a fking fortune by charging alot but actually fixing the car properly heheheheh

Or in My World:

fk me another fkhead IT guy changing the whole thing
y the fk do they blame the hardware
and why the fk dont they test the hardware before they change it
fking people are not IT technicians any more they just fking change parts

...but no way I want to live over there