Project Thread LS 400 Single Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
HungryForInfo,

yes, I think the new intake made a difference...it opened up the potential of the 1UZ above 4500rpm...the increaes in power in that range is significant. The company that made the plenum really did a good job.
To really get big hp numbers you HAVE to do the cams...224 duration & 7mm lift is just crazy on a turbo motor....

With a normal (non-automatic) 5/6 speed gearbox the numbers and maybe even the power delivery would have been more impressive...

...today we did some initial testing with the newly installed 3.2 Torsen diff in the LS "clock"....corners feel great now and speed reading in REAL mph/km (GPS tested):
62 mph (100km) = 2000 rpm
93 mph (150km) = 3000 rpm
124 mph (200km) = 4000 rpm
155 mph (250km) = 5000 rpm
186 mph (300km) = 6000 rpm
217 mph (350km) = 7000rpm

Lineair off course..as said GPS tested !
Engine is tuned till 7000 rpm and with peak power at 5500rpm = 170mph (275) this LS will easily go 200mph once the suspension is upgraded.
Didn't go beyond 140mph because of the broken air suspension, but accelaration is still crazy at those speeds....might not even be full throttle :D

..compared to the old stock LS:
53 mph (86km) = 2000 rpm
80 mph (130km) = 3000 rpm
107 mph (173km) = 4000 rpm
134 mph (216km) = 5000 rpm
161 mph (260km) = 6000 rpm
186 mph (300km) = 7000 rpm

plus the extra power now :D

...today we did some initial testing with the newly installed 3.2 Torsen diff in the LS "clock"....corners feel great now and speed reading in REAL mph/km (GPS tested):
62 mph (100km) = 2000 rpm
93 mph (150km) = 3000 rpm
124 mph (200km) = 4000 rpm
155 mph (250km) = 5000 rpm
186 mph (300km) = 6000 rpm
217 mph (350km) = 7000rpm

Lineair off course..as said GPS tested !
Engine is tuned till 7000 rpm and with peak power at 5500rpm = 170mph (275) this LS will easily go 200mph once the suspension is upgraded.
Didn't go beyond 140mph because of the broken air suspension, but accelaration is still crazy at those speeds....might not even be full throttle :D
I may have missed some of your previous posts about your complete setup, but I'm reading that your LS ran past 155 mph. I'm surprised that the LS can run that fast.

HungryForInfo,

yes, I think the new intake made a difference...it opened up the potential of the 1UZ above 4500rpm...the increaes in power in that range is significant. The company that made the plenum really did a good job.

Would love to see and hear more about the plenum, see some detailed specs, pics, or even hear about the pricing.

pricing ?...i think it will be very hard to have something like this made without have the car in your shop...there are so many details in getting this to work.... For example: even though the guy who did the welding is TOP, there still was a leak when testing the manifold in the car etc....
We all know a custom manifold is not cheap, just by getting the right materials etc etc...

First you do the cams with the stock manifold, so you can show us what performance gains that brings you....for sure cheaper than this manifold ! :D

pricing ?...i think it will be very hard to have something like this made without have the car in your shop...there are so many details in getting this to work.... For example: even though the guy who did the welding is TOP, there still was a leak when testing the manifold in the car etc....
We all know a custom manifold is not cheap, just by getting the right materials etc etc...

First you do the cams with the stock manifold, so you can show us what performance gains that brings you....for sure cheaper than this manifold ! :D

It is very nice, but it is no problem for me, I will just make one. As for cams, I will do them after...:D

Guys,

just to let you know this car is still alive...having some issues with the powersteering and getting it to work let a real POWERsteering.
Havent driven the car for months, since its sitting at the shop...
Hopefully soon this car is back on the road. Removed the airsuspension and soon upgraded with coilovers to get some solid driving experience while travellling at 200mph :D
Stay tuned.

After the initial driving to test the complete setup we will upgrade the stock cams to unleash the real power from this engine ;)...

Stay tuned !

Tell me about it !! My project went to a bunch of chaps for the bodywork 15 March last year and by Christmas NOTHING had been done !!!
I am seriously dejected here...

FF, well done !! I am busy with a similar engine spec wise..and have eye stolen some info here from you..

Kan ek jou moontlik e-mail om te gesels oor jou projek ?? Groete, Kriss.

Its cool, I think a good project you need some time away from at times, because they can get too much.. When you get back into it keep us posted. Mine was off the road 7 months for a simple paint job, so you can imagine how I felt about that...

Ok, we got a set of coilovers in the shop and the powersteering seems to be working fine again with the replacement of the original pump by a electrical pump from an Opel (Vauxhall)....will post pics once this is tested.
Time to get this 650hp LS400 back on the road again....and test it ! :D
...stay tuned...

Can you give me some more info/pics on the electric P/S pump you ran? Part #, etc?

I have been deleting everything I can get away with and almost deleted the P/S system altogether but I would rather convert to 12v. Very interested to convert to 12v!

Can you give me some more info/pics on the electric P/S pump you ran? Part #, etc?

I have been deleting everything I can get away with and almost deleted the P/S system altogether but I would rather convert to 12v. Very interested to convert to 12v!

Your car is not 12Volt? Or is there something else I am missing?

Also interested in the power steering thing, not because I want to do it, just out of curiosity.

I know there is a few methods, the MR2 is an expensive but readily available option. There is also off the shelf electric hydraulic pumps (for tow trucks) that can be used.

haha got a bit ahead of myself. Yeah I would like to convert from mechanical to 12v pump.

I guess it can me mounted anywhere right? Im assuming I will need custom high/low lines to suit but is it really this simple?