Project Thread Single T70 Sc400 5spd

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Today I bought an Apexi NEO to tune the car!!!! :woot: so now i can wire it and put the interior together! I also Machined an adapter disc to line up and weld both the ford and lexus driveshafts! this thing is coming together well!! and plans for the exhaust is 3.5" from the turbine to about right before the rear end were it will split into two 2.25" pipes into N1 style Mufflers..:D:D

I read somewhere that for a pipe of a given size, increasing diameter by 40% will equal the airflow of two pipe of said size. So splitting into two 2.5" pipes from a single 3.5" will not be a restriction at all, unlike using two 2.25" pipes. Food for thought.

so you think 3.5 to twin 2.25 wouldnt flow as well as the single 3.5?? I figured it would flow like a 4inch atleast given that the drag or resistance it will encounter during the splitting on the mass of air flowing through the 3.5 inch will affect a .5", but then again this is just me in my mind.
So far who do you guys think about the exhaust set up???:D

so you think 3.5 to twin 2.25 wouldnt flow as well as the single 3.5?? I figured it would flow like a 4inch atleast given that the drag or resistance it will encounter during the splitting on the mass of air flowing through the 3.5 inch will affect a .5", but then again this is just me in my mind.
So far who do you guys think about the exhaust set up???:D
I'd say twin 2.25 will be equal to at least 3.5 or 4 inch pipe. A single 3" pipe will handle 600 rwhp easily. You don't need to go really big unless you aim for 800-1000 rwhp.

I'd say twin 2.25 will be equal to at least 3.5 or 4 inch pipe. A single 3" pipe will handle 600 rwhp easily. You don't need to go really big unless you aim for 800-1000 rwhp.

Yep on a 5.4 turbo engine with [twin 3" dump pipes] to 3" exhaust 16Lb boost the max the exhaust would flow was 375 Rwkw.. Just over 500 h.p...
Near enough to 600 h.p at the fly...

Oh ok cool cool, I meen I wanna do it once and never have to touch it again, I just bought 100ft of black header wrap for the tubing under the hood, If I have the money in the next year I wanna fab up an F1 style intake for it and get the heads ported, along with some aggressive cams, and a Beefier clutch, I hear the 1UZ is governed by poor flowing heads and cams desgined for smooth operation, oh by the way guys i finished the driveshaft already.. just waiting on some free time to finish everything up

9b24463e.jpg
5b27f606.jpg
d874e0ec.jpg

I normally just tie off the start and the end with 316 Stainless zip ties. Works a treat and looks pretty good. (What you have done looks good, but the stainless zip ties are quick and easy)

yea but the clamps i got with the wrapping suck in my opinion so i just wrapped it tight and then re wrapped with the safety wire which is 304 stainless for peace of mind that it wont come loose, to day we made the turbo oil return i just need to buy a hose, finished the oil feed, made a brace to add rigidity to the turbo/extractor unit, hard enough to shake the engine by tugging on the turbo lol, got the exhaust in were making a 3.5 mid pipe to join up to the down pipe with a vband at the stock location of the cats, and im using the stock exhaust from there back for now because ima need the car running for school, but plan on opening it up on an upcoming weekend =).. tomorrow were making the exhaust, all thats left really is intercooler piping, exhaust mid pipe with O2 sensors, wire the EUGO power wire, relocate battery, bleed clutch, install driveshaft, install interior, install AFPR, add fluids, and TUNE.... Then some vids :D:D:D:D!!!

im hoping to get it moving by friday :rolleyes:..hey i was wondering if the AEM Fic 6 would run the 1uz fine i meen its designed to run upto 6 channels but then again the 1UZ fires the injectors in batches of 2 so i figured the FIC thinks its a 4cylinder, would i have ignition issues? any help would be great!

Batch injectors and wasted spark will do it..
With 4 injector drivers and 4 ign drivers..

:rolleyes: hmmmmmm.. Have you used the AEM tunning program?, im thinking of maybe downloading it having it set up to get familiarized with it, would you know how to select the 4ign drivers and were each injector signal will go to?? Thanks!

and yea they offer the FIC-8 for 8cyl engines but its like $580 and the fic-6 are in the high to mid $300's and theyre everywere :p..

:rolleyes: hmmmmmm.. Have you used the AEM tunning program?, im thinking of maybe downloading it having it set up to get familiarized with it, would you know how to select the 4ign drivers and were each injector signal will go to?? Thanks!

and yea they offer the FIC-8 for 8cyl engines but its like $580 and the fic-6 are in the high to mid $300's and theyre everywere :p..

YEP.. My point was it run a 4 cyl... I was quoting the least options required..

YEP.. My point was it run a 4 cyl... I was quoting the least options required..

awesome! would you mind giving me a quick walk thru of it? i meen just the part how i were to select the option to "run it as a 4cyl" :confused:, thanks!!, i might sell my NEO soon and illl pick up an FIC6 to take its place... oh and today we bled the clutch and installed the drive shaft, omg the 3 bolts on the driveshaft are tight as fu*k!:eek:, it got personal.. anyways its all falling together im really happy if nothing goes wrong It should move by this weekend :)

Its how the inj and coils are wired up 2 X's 4 for injectors ..

When one coil serves two spark plugs (in two cylinders), through the "wasted spark" system. This arrangement the coil generates two sparks per cycle to both cylinders. The fuel in the cylinder that is nearing the end of its compression stroke is ignited, whereas the spark in its companion that is nearing the end of its exhaust stroke has no effect. The wasted spark system is more reliable than a single coil system with a distributor and cheaper than coil-on-plug. Where more ignition drivers are required ..

Ok cool cool sounds good would it be ok if i PM you once I get my FIC installed?.. exhaust went in today, AFPR, and some fluids, I might have a video by late night friday :D