Rear Strut Tower Bars for SC's I built one.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spdrcr771

Ok my thread on CL just got killed. No offence to ScottURnot, but he was the one who put the hammer down on me, (forum rules) hes a good guy, we talked about it through pm'ing alittle. So I just joined here & I though id just post it here. Let me know what yall think.
These are the mockup pics
REARSTRUTBAR4.jpg

REARSTRUTBAR5.jpg

REARSTRUTBAR3.jpg

REARSTRUTBAR7.jpg

REARSTRUTBAR6.jpg

Last edited:
This one showes that you can have a big sub in stock location & still clear's
REARSTRUTBAR.jpg
Also clear's EDFC
REARSTRUTBAR2.jpg

These are the finished pics. Gen 2 will be better.

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg
This is 6061T .75" X 1.75" solid stock. Pie cut for angle, then rewelded.
IMAG0053.jpg

I don't understand why they would get pissed. Maybe because of the high rez pics? or because it's not a brand name part? I like the towers you made. It's almost an exaxct replica of my JIC steel towers. They look very rigid. Nice job on the powdercoating/paint.

I don't understand why they would get pissed. Maybe because of the high rez pics? or because it's not a brand name part? I like the towers you made. It's almost an exaxct replica of my JIC steel towers. They look very rigid. Nice job on the powdercoating/paint.

thanks man, yea its powder coat. my new tower's are made out of 3/16 6061T aluminum. Im gonna make some & sell one @ a time.

this is why they got mad.
Hello, this is in reference to the rear strut bar thread you started. In the thread you were organizing a possible group by and production run of the RSB. In fact you actually built a fixture. Here on Club Lexus only Vendors are allowed to do this kind of sales. I realize you have not actually started making these but your thread clearly stated you are planning it. Now people are posting up wanting to buy them. Your thread has been removed; please do not re-post it as it was. You are welcome to post pictures of what you are making and get members reactions but anytime it starts leading to you producing multiple parts for sale appropriate action will be taken.

Ignore those guys. Talk with Lex, he might be able to make you a vendor but you'd have to ask him. I also ended up fabbing a rear strut bar for my 91 LS. Took a honda RSX srut bar and re tapped bolt holes. By pure chance the bar length was threaded adjustable and it fit.

How was the before/after performance of the bar?

Last edited:
Ignore those guys. Talk with Lex, he might be able to make you a vendor but you'd have to ask him. I also ended up fabbing a rear strut bar for my 91 LS. Took a honda RSX srut bar and re tapped bolt holes. By pure chance the bar length was threaded adjustable and it fit.

How was the before/after performance of the bar?

I could for sure tell a difference. Im a road racer & I got the tein flex, daizen sway's, front strut bar, so cars pretty stiff all ready. but after i put it on, ass end seems alot flater with less flex from the rear. it also feels like the suspension is like stiffer in rear, like when the wheels drop off a say 2" ledge on the road or speed bumps, like maybe the strut towers flexed in or up during suspension loads, not now. It makes the hole suspenson work harder, seems the front wants to push alittle more, with more oversteer now. I like it. if I didnt feel that it makes a big difference in a positive way, i wouldnt be trying to produce some & going thru the hassel of all that.

Yeah sorry to see the thread was removed. I am sure Scott did not want to, but CL rules....I am actually surpeised it stayed on there that long. I do know that CL does not allow advertising to sell parts or GB's on anything, prototypes or not if you are not an authorized, paying vendor.

Good work on the rear STB. Would love to see you modify it to allow for adjustable load tensioning. That would be nice, but more complicated and costly.

What Front STB are you running?

Ryan

The Bar is looking good! Oh, and sorry about the thread. :) Rules are rules. you wouldnt be the first guy that I thought had a good product that I had to remove his thread. David is a little more flexible over here, Not to mention a great guy!

Yeah sorry to see the thread was removed. I am sure Scott did not want to, but CL rules....I am actually surpeised it stayed on there that long. I do know that CL does not allow advertising to sell parts or GB's on anything, prototypes or not if you are not an authorized, paying vendor.

Good work on the rear STB. Would love to see you modify it to allow for adjustable load tensioning. That would be nice, but more complicated and costly.
Ryan
Thanks man, you just gave me an idea, as thick as my bar is i,could drill & tap it with adjustable ends, then tapper it.
What Front STB are you running?
I dont know. i put my edfc on when i got it, & my JIC front strut bar wouldnt fit anymore,so i stole my boss'es of his supra, that he got at a sema show, cause it cleared the big single turbo.
The Bar is looking good! Oh, and sorry about the thread. :) Rules are rules. you wouldnt be the first guy that I thought had a good product that I had to remove his thread. David is a little more flexible over here, Not to mention a great guy!

No prob scott i totally understand. I was just tryin to be a good productive member of CL, do somthing no other SC guy is doing a share it with everybody. make a few dollas to help my racin funds (tires & brakepads, session fee's,beer money, lol) i know im not gonna be a millionair of this.

you know i really like CL, but there are something about it I dont like & im kinda getting the feeling that this site is more suited to the kinda guy i am. die hard racer, & all about the performance side of my SC, while keeping it a DD & still turn heads.

Last edited:
you know i really like CL, but there are something about it I dont like & im kinda getting the feeling that this site is more suited to the kinda guy i am. die hard racer, & all about the performance side of my SC, while keeping it a DD & still turn heads.

This site has a extreme focus on V8 Lexus performace, thats why I love it. There are tons of guys on here trying new stuff and lots of special fabrication. Both sites are great for gathering information, thats why I have two short cuts on my desk top. :D

Are you planning to Sell this out? I'm interested on getting one if you are planning to sell. I'm sure David, Stevechumo, and I would like to get one to test out.

Are you planning to Sell this out? I'm interested on getting one if you are planning to sell. I'm sure David, Stevechumo, and I would like to get one to test out.

yes sir, im finishing the 1st one for sell this week, & waiting on a quote from a machine shop on cutting out my pcs. i thought i would have one by now, but no, ill call them tomorrow. if that works out these could come out quicker.

i do need some other input on these cause, it might be able to make it better.

I would just drill and tap the ends and add rod ends to add preload adjustment, this also eliminates the need for a aluminum welder, assuming you form the bar and not cut weld it. The bases are a easy weld since they are steel. There, you got my input. :)

^ lol thanks scott, i wont tell anyone you said anything, its on the down low man. Yea thats a good idea, except i changed the bases to aluminum, so it would be alittle lighter,lol and so my jigsaw would cut it. I also built a jig so i can bend the bar on my own , eliminate the extra welding. Which is funny cause i got a card from some guys that work a metal supermarkets, they said this guy works for vought aircraft, and does welding on the side. I call him today, It turns out i know the guy, friends of friends and goes to the same bar, super hookup. Im meeting him tomorrow night.

this is just an idea, tell me what you think. on making it adjustable,as far as tension. what if i cut the bar in half in the middle, then drill & tap eather 1 1/2" double thread rod w/reverse thread on one side w/hex nut in middle. or 2 3/8" rods. same. to make the tension a single adjustment and not have to change the ends. would that kill the strength.

I actually have a front SB in my shop that has the adjustment in the middle, it has about a 3/4-1" dia thread. I think it will work as long as you mak the thread a large size.