Wont start Help!!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Holmsey

Hi guys I have transplanted a 1993 LS400 1uzfe engine and trans into a 1960 F100 American truck... I came to start it for the first time and it seemed to fire up straight away but only ran for a second or two and I had a massive fuel leak from the pulsating damper, I had the wrong seal fitted. Sorted that and now it just turns over no start??

A couple of things the fuel pump starts as soon as I turn the key the on. I thought it wouldn't turn on the pump until the engine was turning IE oil pressure. I do have it wired to the oil pressure sender hum maybe I have it wired wrong?

Also a couple of wires are broken on the throttle position sensor would this cause a no fire?

I have used after market gauges and used the sensors that came with the gauges. I noticed while cranking the oil pressure said 100psi ???

I have a check light wired up, do I turn on the ignition wait for check light to light then turn off the light to start, or do I leave this switched on?
Hope somebody out there can give me some advice... cheers

I assume if you have the fuel pump wired through the oil pressure sensor you aren't running the Fuel ECU. I also assume this is so it will turn off if the engine stalls. If you want to run it that way get a tachometric relay as it is a better way to go.

I'd suggest for the first start wire the ump directly off the ignition switch (through a relay would be better) as the pump should start on ignition (to give fuel pressure for it to start) then once it is running the ECU will determine if it needs hi or low speed on the pump.

the engine starting and stopping immediately usually suggests there is no power to the injectors. It has started on the cold start injector and once started switches to the normal injectors. There should be 12v on the orange/black wire at all the injectors with the ignition on. The injectors fire by earth return.

At some point you will need to repair the wires at the TPS so do it now and make your life easier.

The check light should be fed by 12v off the ignition switch and it should light up before the engine starts and extinguish once it is running, assuming there are no problems with the engine to make it come on.

Work your way through it and it should work.

Let us know how you fare.

That's great Rog cheers, never heard of a tachometric relay.. I will have a fettle see what happens then get a relay like to suggest.. Fixing TPS well take time as I will have to get a repair kit as wires have broken off right at the plug.

Last edited:
Tachometric relays are used in gas (LPG) conversions , so should be available from companies who work with gas.

Essentially the relay is help closed by the pulse of something working.

I use an injector pulse to hold mine open as I don't use the ECU to control the fuel pump.

If you can't find one locally check eBay or Google it.

Probably should re title this it starts I need Help ;o).....

Well I have no idea why it started as all I did was check there was power to brake light wire as I haven't any lights wired up yet. and there was power.. so I tried it again, bearing in mind I had tried 20 times before and no fire, this time it fired right up and ticked over real good...

I traced a fault I had with my gauges and fired it up again. it started running a bit erratic and it wouldn't rev cleanly had to blip it to make it rev up.

I repaired the TPS today hopefully got the wires in the right place as two were broken off.

Fired it up again and it had an erratic tick over sometimes even stalling.. so I fire it up again and adjusted the throttle cable a little tighter and it ticked over without stalling but still erratic...
Has a rough idle like it has a lumpy cam er or 4 ;o) it sounds great and when I rev it, it fires out flames every now and then from the exhaust.
So I guess it is over fuelling.

The check light flashes 3 flashes then 1... then 4 then 1... then 7 ??? then back to 3 and 1 etc..

Engine starts without pressing brake and even when it stalls the fuel pump keeps pumping... so can anyone point me in the right direction.. I will post a video next time I am in the garage. Thanks in advance. Oh I have a slight fuel leak on the pulse damper doo daa... should have that fixed in a couple of days when the new washer turns up. not sure if this would have any bearing on the symptoms..

Last edited: