Which is quicker off the line Twin or Single turbos

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jago

Gday,
Am i right in saying the single turbo is quicker off the line, but the twin has a higher peak power...or is that back-to-front? Which is cheaper to install and what kind of price? How long would it need to be in a work shop for to install. I have a 92 SC400 (possibly updating to a 95) but which would be best for me a twin or single....i want a fairly fast car between 200-250 RWKW, NOT ultra fast, but a quick stop light car.
Cheers, David

being fast off the line has nothing to do with the amount of turbos strapped to the side of an engine.

gearing, tyre selection, rotating mass, average power - they all come into play.

a supercharger will be the quickest ENGINE wise - they boost almost from idle therefore you have a higer average power and torque.

If you want turbo and want to have good light to light power. Try Garrett T3 with .48 A/R. With two turbos, they are good for 400-450 rwhp.

With 2 smaller turbos, the boost is usually more responsive at low RPM than a big single turbo. But if a single turbo is correctly matched with the engine, the boost might also be responsive at low RPM. In your case with low-mild power and near instant boost, twin turbo is the best choice. Twin T3s are ideal. Fabricating cost might be the same for twin or single due to the V8 construction. However, it's not a bad idea to bargain to get lower fabricating cost for single system.

wtf

That would have the be the dumbest question I have read on a very good form.

How long is a piece of string.

I'm sorry you cannot show any initiative when reading a question.
It's pretty simple, are twins quicker than a single, providing the turbos are similar in size?
When you're going to hang sh#t on someone for being dumb, you should ensure your sentence makes sense, but don't worry i'll help you. 'That would have TO be...' NOT 'That would have the be...' and 'form'??? I presume you mean forUm.
Next week I will teach you the timestables.

No arg's here - Im webslave for the Sydney offroad site, inc the forum... and we all argue constantly...

Rules are rules.

Back to the topic. Its all depend of the setup. For an example a twin T88 on the 1UZFE will take years to spool, but if you put a GT30R into the 1uzfe it will spool at idle. So to answer the question is very difficult. Here are my suggestions:

Twin: T3 with .48 A/R
Single: GT30R

The two setups are for light to light application.

Thank you Lex, thats the answer i'm after.
Thanks to most others who have contributed positively.

Providing you have a good understanding of turbos and have all parts and equipment infront of you, what is a ruff time span for completing the job?

Cheers, Jago

Attachments

• brad_brand3.jpg
    brad_brand3.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 3