Where are you located?

Where Are You Located?

• North America (including Canada)

Votes: 105 38.3%
  • South America (including Mexico)

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • UK & Western Europe (also Sweden/Finland/Norway)

Votes: 43 15.7%
  • Eastern Europe (including former USSR)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • Mideast (Egypt/Saudi/Emirates/Israel/India/Paki/Turkey, etc.)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Far East (China/Japan/Thai/Indonesia/N/S/Korea, etc.)

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • OZ

Votes: 45 16.4%
  • NZ

Votes: 38 13.9%
  • Africa

Votes: 17 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Newbie from Africa

Hi Guys, Newbie here from a town called Amanzimtoti on the East Coast of Southern Africa, just outside Durban. Building a Backdraft Cobra with a 1UZFE and manual gearbox at the moment, should be ready in the next three to four weeks. Hoping I will get some help on where all the pipes go!!!
Thanks
Johnno

Striker - I always wanted to travel to the Netherlands and Austria especially, those are the few places in the world that I have not seen yet in my life time...Legalized mari Jane and Hasj, red light prostituting all sounds like trouble to me, but I guess it works in your country...

You smoke a joint here in the States you go to jail, you pay for sex you get aids, you eat mushrooms you see colors for days...

Curious? Are you allowed to drive while being Stoned? If so there must be some slow drivers cruising around impaired...

funny thing is, that's exactly what about every selfrespecting dutchman says, (including me that is) I never smoke something besides a normal sigarette and allready have one girlfriend.... who would even want/handle more?

and No offcourse not you're not allowed to smoke a joint and then go driving, we don't have very much trouble with that, also not with drinking compared to other country's that have far stricter rules, it's more or less the tourist industry that provides us with the name, you'll not find very much drug abuse in the netherlands, in my opinion there's a big difference in smoking a joint and drug abuse (I wouldn't, makes my face go green)

thing is that (dutch gov think) if you want to influence things for the better, you need controll over it and you can never controll anything that is done illegal. so legalize the stuff thats giving you trouble and then put a team of people on the matter that make up a set of rules that take the trouble away and get things going in such a way that everyone is happy, when you do that, the problem which caused the trouble in the first place can be solved and people helped.

anyway If you do come over, stop by for a cup of coffee you can't be far away when your in the country.

Grtz Thomas

Amen to that

Australia and the Netherlands have it good. I wish it were like that in the states, minus the low speed limits and hookers of course.
:439::umbrella: the guy with the umbrella is making sure the J doesn't get rained on

Striker and Tempheat - There has been much talk about legalizing drugs here in the US for years...But it has always been just talk amounst the citizens basically... Wow, if it works in the Netherlands I guess it would work in the US too...We have some nasty drugs creeping around like crack cocaine, Meth, and Heroin...To legalize that crap would be interesting to see what would happen... Rehab clinics might become overwhelmed...

Legalize drugs...Hmmmmmm? I am in favor of it... Drug trafficing and crime may go on the decline for sure...

What I don't understand is that alcohol is a legal drug and is just as potent as most all other drugs... The funny thing is alcohol is basically legal in every country....What's the deal with that?

yeah

I wouldn't legalize anything else. crack and meth addicts almost never recover. i don't know of one that has. Where I live is full of them. To me that stuff is the end of your life and the only cure might be a bullet to the head. Pot is like having a beer. You don't have to have it every day unless you decide to. Also alcohol is much worse for you. I think any normal person knows there's a line you don't cross when it comes to this stuff. I think we should declare open season on crack and meth dealers.

I agree, but there a few that recover from crack, meth and heroin...Usually the ones that hit rock bottom and then seek a higher power in God come thru ok.... The majority don't recover because the drugs are very addictive, destroy your motivation and reality in real life, kill your brain, and the highs and buzz's are just to good to pass up... I worked in the ghetto's for years and have seen it all... I've known people that were hooked and still are and some that are clean.....

I would have to say most drug addicts in the hoods simply have too much time on there hands..Unemployeed and kicking around all day with nothing to do, no goals in life.. There is an old saying that goes like this - "Too much free time is the devil's play ground".. I have a close Mexican friend for years (he worked for me in construction) he was hooked on Heroin early on in life and then got hooked on Crack cocaine for more then 20 years after...He's clean and sober for 8 years now, married with 2 kids and is one of the nicest persons you could ever meet.....You can recover, but you need to want to recover on your own, and not be forced to recover by family, the legal system and or friends...

I think we are getting a little off topic here... So Tempeheat don't write off all the crack and Meth heads because some do recover to be fine people...Not many though and you do walk a thin line if you choose to go down that path.......

Only one difference jibby,

In the netherlands only the soft drugs are legalized, so crack heroin and the lot is very much NO GO, but again there are a few thoughts on that.

You get hard drugs from a dealer, you/we get soft drugs from a coffee-shop, a coffeeshop will NEVER sell anything else but what he's supossed to. (good way to loose your license)
I other country's you buy your semi innocent hasjs from the same guy the local junk goes for his crack shot, the step to be taken to go from soft drugs to hard drugs is now very small, it's the same (sort of) guy just a different amount of money. envoiroment is potentially dangerous as are his other custumours probably.

In our case, you've got the security of a legal cofeeshop which is controlled for quality/hygene, the owner is controlled on what he does (you can't open a coffee shop when you have a criminal record) everybody in there is likewise you, minds all in the same direction. no harddrugs inside, and you need to leave that controlled invoiroment to go get hard-drugs so now it's a very BIG step to go the HD route, offcourse everywhere there are exeptions,
but one thing has really improved, before the legalized softdrugs there was more drug-use in younger groups, because you had all sorts of dealers putting softdrugs on the street, controll on who bought what was num, now they've take the reason o go to a illegal dealer away buy putting up shops, eventually the street softdrugs dealers disapeared, not needed anymore, no more/less drugs sold to people that aren't supposed to get them.

when I was 15 I could point out 2 guy's on our village who I knew sure where dealing all sorts, to anyone that was willing to buy, nowadays (28yo) I can't tell you anymore, but I do know where "the shop" is and I know the guy running it and his familly etc etc..... (I just go green so don't touch the stuff)

think about is like this: everything potentially dangerous is done in a controlled invoiroment........... why make an exeption?

PS alcohol is about 17times more addictive then hasj or maruhana
PS 2 caffeine is about 4 times more addictive than alcohol (to non alcoholic people)

grtz Thomas

enough about the green stuff, let's talk cars again!

I see your points Striker......Oh and, alcohol, caffeine and probably the most worldly used legal addictive drug you forgot to mention is Nicotine in cigarettes....

:trink26: I must admit I sure like my cold beers on the weekends...Take away alcohol here in the US and people would probably start riots....

Just outside Manchester England, home of Liquid Sunshine.

Attachments

• 2007_0110Image0010.JPG
    2007_0110Image0010.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2007_0110Image0011.JPG
    2007_0110Image0011.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2007_0110Image0012.JPG
    2007_0110Image0012.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 2007_0110Image0013.JPG
    2007_0110Image0013.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 2007_0110Image0014.JPG
    2007_0110Image0014.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 2007_0110Image0015.JPG
    2007_0110Image0015.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 3
Texas and California are now considered Mexico... Taken over by sheer numbers.... English is now a second language in those States...

Viva La Americo!!!!

Same thing in south florida. go into a store and they talk to you in spanish, you dont understand and they think you are strange. WTF.

Florida I thought was Cuban over ran.... Has Mexico really reached Florida too?

Viva La Castro!!!!

I visit Destin Florida which is located near Alabama in the South and I never saw Mexicans any where just alot of over weight old retired Jewish folk, and vacationing pale white fat American families... It's been a few years though.. Destin is beautiful though and nice place to vacation...

Texas and California are now considered Mexico... Taken over by sheer numbers.... English is now a second language in those States...

Viva La Americo!!!!

That's actually not correct according to

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/48000.html

Texas is 49% white (no hispanic).
Texas is 35% hispanic.
Texas is 12% black.
The rest of it is composed of other races with a fairly large margin for error.

Granted, there are some places that only have spanish speaking owner/operators, but they are mostly in the "valley (far south texas)". I have not and never will learn Spanish.