What would you do?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

taka21

ok so i have a slight deilema.
my power steering system leaks dry in about 2 days, and im tired of it.
ive come to the conclusion that the power steering high pressure line is screwed cause its been sitting too close to the exhaust manifold

the choices i came up with were
1 change the ps line for a driftmotion braided line
2 loop the lines on the rack and remove the ps pump altogether.

and each option has its pros and cons im just trying to weigh them out and have everyones input on it.
cost 65usd
1 pros, i get to keep my power steering and not have to change much
1 cons, i dont get to drop the weight of the power steering pump or the
hydraulic fan pump.

cost
belt 15usd
taurus fan 55(ish)usd
2 pros, more feedback from the steering system, drop the weight of the ps pump, and the hydraulic fan pump
2 cons, no ps (lol), have to buy a new belt, and an electric fan. and turning below 5 mph will suck

so my question is just as the title states, what would you do
btw my car is a daily and a weekend drifter fyi

yea i decided to loop the lines for now. im currently working on a completely depowered rack (seal removal and hydraulics removal from the pinion gear)

thanks, i should have the rack finished by this weekend complete with 5mm spacers on the inner tierods for more steering angle. install should be the following weekend

My buddy has a 1uzfe MK3 with no PS.. and gutted all the stuff off the rack... He has always said he didnt care for PS... until he picked drifting back up. I have evidence of saying "Damn it, I need power steering".... lol You may not miss it.. but dont kid yourself, you know you will.... :)

My buddy has a 1uzfe MK3 with no PS.. and gutted all the stuff off the rack... He has always said he didnt care for PS... until he picked drifting back up. I have evidence of saying "Damn it, I need power steering".... lol You may not miss it.. but dont kid yourself, you know you will.... :)
who Jake? lol
did he open up the rack and remove all the seals from the inside or did he just loop the lines and call it a day

I'm going to have to agree, drifting without p/s is difficult at best. Even with the front end being lighter.....
it really isnt bad at all

lol yall are funny the only thing i miss is my welded rear right now lol the power steering gave way too much assist, i like the direct feel of not having it especially when im sideways.
i seriously hate the stock lsd tho im welding up an open cartrige and loading it into this pumpkin cause i like the turbo ring gear sooooo much better its just about perfect for the 1uz and w58. damn lsd lets go mid drift, welded FTW