Twin turbo UZ ST185

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Only the gen 1 1uz engines are non-interference. Gen 2 (20series) when they went to sequential injection with lighter rods and pistons became interference. VVti continue to be interference.

I have the proof...all 32 examples of it ;)

Not that knowing would have made any difference.....just need to figure put why so it doesn't happen again.

Surely not activating the VVTi wouldn't result in valves touching?

Justen,

I guess this is a case of not judging the book by its cover!

It looked a nice clean engine sitting in your garage.

I also guess (with hindsight) that interference engines it would always be worth checking the cams are timed correctly before trying to start it.

Good luck with it and I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

So turns out it was just a small section of the timing belt delaminating? A fresh belt and no reason to suspect anything, but perhaps the fact it sat in one position for a fair while was enough to stress it? It doesn't appear to be a genuine one either.

Expensive lesson for me :(

Car is for sale. Serious car for serious buyers. Full rundown happily provided to serious enquiries. No dreamers pls, you don't buy a car like this on a whim.

Yeah i very tough decision and one i didn't ever think i would make...a tough coupla years with this car though and i don't have the time for it anymore. Once they become a chore and no longer a joy i figure it's time? :(

and while i'm cleansing the Zulu and my KE10/11 corolla are for sale as well :( Same rationale, i simply don't have room in my life for them anymore.

But, all is not lost. I still have a daily 450hp 2J powered Benz wagon. And i see a road registered clubbie in my future for sure.....something to just hop in and drive when the mood takes me and is track capable so i can go and give the young guns a touch up ;)

I was in that same space about 10 years ago.

Sold 3 911 Porsches and my Range Rover.

Bought the Rover back about 3 years later and still trying to get one of the 911's out of a friend.

Sometimes change is good and the hunger may return when the family is older and you have more time to yourself.

I guess this is what happened to me. My boys are now at Uni so I don't attend Saturday sport!

Echoing Rod's thoughts; I sure didn't see this coming either! But I guess for some of us, it's a slow process of winding down and for others it's like a light switch.

Justen I hope you'll stick around as Rod & I have?

(p.s. I still have hopes of finishing all the stuff in my sig, but frankly I'd be happy to get just the Ferrari running again :))

280 rwkw 4AZGTE on Jem dyno

Was waiting for tune on my car at the old Jem dyno . Standing in front of this little Black top pulling close to 10,000 rpm.. Then Adam asked the owner what rods are in it ? He said shot pined Z rods .. Sheesh I was stand 1m away .. They make good power turbocharged.. From memory it was a 62mm precision turbo. It sounded like an F1 motor..

Was waiting for tune on my car at the old Jem dyno . Standing in front of this little Black top pulling close to 10,000 rpm.. Then Adam asked the owner what rods are in it ? He said shot pined Z rods .. Sheesh I was stand 1m away .. They make good power turbocharged.. From memory it was a 62mm precision turbo. It sounded like an F1 motor..

That's a shit ton of turbo for a 4ag of any build really! The billet 62mm is good to like 740hp lol