Turboing a 1uz on is300

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kevin doyle

upload_2019-2-12_21-36-8.png
Doyler91New Member
Hi all first post on here I've a is300 shell here going to be doing a engine conversion I've 3 in mind 1jz sr20 and the early 1uz .

I've done a far bit of research on the above right now am interested in the 1uz as I've one laying around plus I recently came across video series on youtube by scotts parts called turbo shed where he basically makes his own manifolds throws on a borg warner s366 turbo , turbosmart waste gate and with 7pis spring an intercooler drives car for a bit then later switch's goes with bigger injectors haltec ecu and bigger fuel pump and he seems to off gotten pretty good results

I've all read of people running 10pis with no intercoolers and standard ECUs

So heres the questions I have basically thinking of doing the same as above with maybe a slightly smaller turbo as that one seems massive running 10pis and and then upgrade to a link ecu a wee bit down the line . then as for the gearbox I know I can use r154 w58 and the original is200 but the is200 box probably wouldn't like boost much I've read of people using the BMW zf box as there alot stronger and cheaper would I be better off going down that route to start and what turbo would be a step down from the s366

Am not looking massive horse power 400 -450 I'd be more than happy with