Toyotafest is coming May 13, 2006

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

There'll be a big organized event called "Toyotafest" event this May 13, 2006 at Queen Mary, Long Beach, California. It'll be a lot of fun since it's an organized event and there'll be a lot of cars, Toyota and Lexus only. You can either show your cars or just be the spectators. Here's the link: http://www.toyotaclub.org/index_files/Page1163.htm. Spectators have free admissions.

If anyone will go, should we meet at some places first and then cruise to the event?

Steve what time is a good time to go....Should I bring the LandCruiser or the SC400? It's Toyota after all? Do you really think there will be Lexus's at a Toyota meet? I am thinking Tundra's, Supra's, and Suped up Corola's (ha ha).....

I'm sorry for the late reply, guys. I went to the event with my cousin. The event had mostly Toyotas. Here's a few pictures of the LS, Scion, and a Camry with Supra turbo engine. There're several SCs but they're not special so I didn't take pictures. There're other GS, IS but since our forum is strictly V8, I didn't take any of their pictures.

Jake Breyck said:
sure that camery isnt a cressida, sure looks like a cressida engine bay to me.
Older Cressida and Supra non-turbo use the same engine. You might be somewhat right. I don't actually remember if it's the exact Camry or Cressida. However, you can see the twin turbo with the intake system on the left side of the engine. This engine has been swapped. Cressida doesn't a have turbo system. Anyway, you guys can see more pics here: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216632.

JamesN said:
WOW, Seem fun steve. Sorry for not attending buddy. I have to attend a good friend Birthday.
James, that's all right. I'm starting to fall in love with your LS with bodykit. A LS is so nice and hot with a bodykit. In my opinion, its look and performance beat most of the Domestic full size sedans from the new Chrysler, Dodge Magnum, Cadillac...etc. None of them come close to the LS. Well, anybody else can have his/her own opnions.

stevechumo said:
Older Cressida and Supra non-turbo use the same engine. You might be somewhat right. I don't actually remember if it's the exact Camry or Cressida. However, you can see the twin turbo with the intake system on the left side of the engine. This engine has been swapped. Cressida doesn't a have turbo system. Anyway, you guys can see more pics here: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216632.
ya there no question of what motor that is. thats just not a camery.
but a 2jz swap into a cressida isnt really that big of a deal. holy fast 4 door that takes everyone by supprize. but still not really a hard swap to do.
2jz into a camery tho, that would be somthing raelly impressive. tho a little pointless.

That's true. That engine in that car (either Cressida or Camry) can surprise everyone. In my opinion, if it's for true performance, it's worthless in any of these cars. There're several cars like this at the event. I don't think it's the performance that those car owners want, it's the pride that they need and I respect that.