Parts TH400 set up

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TTLex

I have a stage 5 fully built AAP TH400 set up for the 1UZ. They said that this will also work on the 2JZ as well using the 2JZ bellhousing.

The set up comes with the built TH400, Pro Torque converter, adapter plate, 1UZ bellhousing, B&M tranny cooler, B&M hammer shifter, Lokar tranny dip stick, poly tranny mount, and the driveshaft/ diff adapter.

Complete, ready to bolt on set up except the driveshaft. I have the driveshaft, but I used it with a Gear Vendor OD unit, so its too short to use with just the tranny. Everything has less than 600 miles on it and is in perfect condition. I have roughly 6k into this set up. Im selling it for $2500 shipped in the lower 48 US.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks

Would you seperate them? Why did u want to change out transmission? Is the Vendor OD unit available? What car did u have this conversion in? Do u have the shift linkage?

I have the GV unit still, but its supposed to be sold tomorrow. If wanted the entire set up, I would sell it for $4100 shipped. I paid $2700 for the GV unit. The GV unit will be sold tomorrow otherwise.

Seperate it how, what did you have in mind?

I had this in my Twin turbo GS400. It works flawlessly, the only reason I pulled it is to try the V160 swap. I wanted to be the first GS with the 6 spd, that I know of at least.

All of the shift linkage comes with the B&M shifter. I had the B&M in the car for a short time, then modified the stock shifter to work with this set up just to keep the factory look. That was easy to do as well, just welded an inch or so big piece to the stock shift linkage.

The drive shaft is an ez piece to source, I paid $275 for my custom 1 pc locally.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

By the way, I know I only have two posts on here,but Ive been on club lexus for something like 7 yrs. I have sold a ton of stuff on there and supraforums, I have plenty that can vouch for me on high dollar items ive sold......GS supercharger set up, GS twin turbo set up, transmissions, HRE's, body kits, etc, etc...

I will be running TH400 in my 95 SC4 but still need to do the linkage. Looks like huge different between the GS and SC. Lots of mods and extension for the SC.

Here some pics of the set up....tranny, converter, adapter plate, lokar dipstick, Energy Suspension poly mount, and B&M shifter. I havent pulled the B&M tranny cooler out yet, but it will only take a few minutes to do so.

Shannonscamera120.jpg

one more, by the way, if your using the B&M shifter, you dont have to worry about shift linkage. Remove your stock shifter, bolt in the B&M, and run the cable. The linkage that comes with the B&M bolts up to the tranny. Its pretty basic.

Shannonscamera121.jpg

Thanks TT,

That is an interesting setup. So was the TH400 bellhousing was cut to mate with the uz bellhousing? I think your setup is way better then mine. I have almost no room in the SC tunnel due to the huge bellhousing of the TH400.

No ***** that TH400 bellhousing is pretty big!!

I have had both set ups. My first one used the adapter plate from Australia, the one that the full TH400 bolts onto. That one also uses a few other adapters to center it all up.

The new set up is the way that most of the Supra shops are doing it now. They machine the TH400 bellhousing off, then the adapter ring bolts onto the tranny, your bellhousing bolts onto the adapter. It uses a hybrid converter that bolts right onto the flex plate. No other adapter or rings used. Its just a cleaner way to do it in my mind.

Obviously both set ups work....so its preference i guess.

Thanks for answering my questions. Your setup is way better. Alot more room than the stock TH400 bellhousing. Good luck with the sale. It is a great setup.

No problem at all.....like I said, spend the cash on a B&M and call it a day. There are plenty of threads on supraforums with people that made them look decent in the center console.