Supra Vs. NSX

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have a friend looking for a ride. He has about $25k and currently looking at the Supra Twin Turbo and the NSX. Both are around 1993-1995. He can't make up his own mind. Can you help me out? Why and reasons please.

If it were me, I think I would go with the NSX. Dont get me wrong, I've always liked the Supra, but they are kinda played out and I have always loved the NSX.

They are both great cars so I guess If I were in the situation, I would looking and trying to determine which car was the better car as in condition, how well it was maintained and so on.

Now if he is looking to do a lot of performance upgrades and wants a lot more power, then I would say the Supra just because the aftermarket is far larger for the Supra then it is for the NSX. Although, there is a pretty decent amount or aftermarket support for the NSX

C'mon Chris, you've got an avatar with a Toyota shagging a Honda, and you're recommending an NSX over a Supra? Who are you trying to fool? :biggrin:

C'mon Chris, you've got an avatar with a Toyota shagging a Honda, and you're recommending an NSX over a Supra? Who are you trying to fool? :biggrin:

LMAO!!!! John, I about fell out of my chair after reading that. Yeah, I know my avatar... lol

I still love the NSX even if it is made by Honda and I still think that the MKIV is to played out.... And like I said, if he wants power, then the Supra is the way to go, but at that same token, the NSX is far lighter and thus doesn't requier as much power to be just as fast. Being an advid road corse racer and having driven both cars on a road corse, the NSX is a better handling car even though the Supra ran faster drag times and thus was faster in the straights. I was still able to get faster lap times in the NSX and they were both stock suspension for the most part (just lowered). I do love the Supra though, just dont like the fact that they are so played out cause of the shity ass movie called Fast and the Furious!

The NSX was the best thing to roll out on "4" wheels for the street from a Honda factory. But Honda does have their act a little backward. Hell, their first turbocharged vehicle for the general public was a jetski...... If that anit ass backwards, I dont know what is.

I assume the Supra would be a 2JZGTE... meaning a potential 400+rwkw on stock, unopened engine.

what's the potential of the NSX like?

how about a mid engine, 1uz-TT NSX road monster? I have seen NSX's for around $15,000 with no engine but immaculate condition, add another $10,000-$15,000 into a fully built and tuned 1uz and baaam!! More potential on a platform better suited for serious handling.

What type of use will this car be dealing with? Daily driver? weekend autocrosser? I guess if you do the math a V8 NSX for around $25-30 G's doesn't sound too bad considering for the same moolah the car would have a bone stock 280hp v6. I bet the weight between the 2 engines would be pretty close too (minus the snails ETC).

End of the day... man i wish i had such a hard decision to ponder hehe :3some: I guess that day will be left for after graduation!

$25 for the NSX is asking for big costs later. I'm positive a $25 NSX has almost as twice the life and mileage of the Supra TT. The costs of performance or OEM NSX parts are expensive. The NSX can be maxxed out with a supercharger or turbo with only 9 psi and nearly 400 whp. More than this, the rebuild of internals is a must. It's failed so many times after this threshold.

The NSX is nicer to drive and unique. If you're not into high hp, then throw a set of 18" wheels on it and it'll be fun to drive. A simple body kit will make it turn heads even if you're the Ferrari crowd. For handling & look wise, the NSX has my vote.

$25 for the NSX is asking for big costs later. I'm positive a $25 NSX has almost as twice the life and mileage of the Supra TT. The costs of performance or OEM NSX parts are expensive. The NSX can be maxxed out with a supercharger or turbo with only 9 psi and nearly 400 whp. More than this, the rebuild of internals is a must. It's failed so many times after this threshold.

The NSX is nicer to drive and unique. If you're not into high hp, then throw a set of 18" wheels on it and it'll be fun to drive. A simple body kit will make it turn heads even if you're the Ferrari crowd. For handling & look wise, the NSX has my vote.

exactly, and a 400whp NSX is going to be faster then a 400whp supra cause of the noticable weight dif between the two.

Like I said before, If you wanted the potential for gobs of power, the Supra, it you want a head truner and great handler, then NSX.

It's very hard to say no to a NSX, especially after you take it out for a test drive. But after having other problems, many people just don't keep it for too long. Its super low & flat stance already is a head turner.

does the NSX share it's v6 with any other cars? Isn't it a 3.2l v6? I doubt it's the same but my parents acura TL has the standard 3.2l vtec. Any similarities?

No its not a shared motor with any other Honda,

i say get the 10k NSX shell, and put a TT 1uz in it haha have the best of both worlds.

Although it would be a little sad, the sound of an NSX with a decent exhaust is pure sex.

It'll be really awesome to have a boosted 1UZ in the NSX, but I don't know if it'll fit or not due to its mid engine location. Here's a pic of the Japanese NSX police car:

for the track I would go with the NSX, if you want to go high speed on the autobahns get a Supra.
On swapping that V8 into the NSX, what transmission would you use and if you go with the NSX transmission are you sure the NSX V6 doesn't rotate the wrong way? I remember some of the FWD setups are counter clockwise and the NSX is just a FWD setup behind the driverseat, just like the MR2 I assume?

the 3s and 1uz spin the same way, so a mr2 transmission (forgot the code) would work, if the stock nsx trans wouldnt. also a mr2 trans to 1uz has been done before.

for the track I would go with the NSX, if you want to go high speed on the autobahns get a Supra.
On swapping that V8 into the NSX, what transmission would you use and if you go with the NSX transmission are you sure the NSX V6 doesn't rotate the wrong way? I remember some of the FWD setups are counter clockwise and the NSX is just a FWD setup behind the driverseat, just like the MR2 I assume?

Honda V6 engines have always rotated clockwise. Along with that, honda has gotton away from the counterclock wise rotation all together. New honda 4cyl's rotate clock wise now too.

by B16A you mean the entire B series, and along with the B series there is the A series, D series, E series, F series, and H series that all spin counter clockwise well over 100 diffrent motors

NSX

OR

Supra

Hmm... That is real tough for me. They are both my dream cars. But if I only have to choose one for now I would pick the NSX. NSX look much more sexier than supra IMHO. Handle much better too. But nothing can compare to a big turbo monster supra and straight highway. I've drove them both and love every bit of it.