Project Thread SC470TT (VVTi) Twin Turbo Lexus SC400 with 4.7L Toyota Tundra Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks John. Are you saying to use the hydraulic pump to power the alternator?. So I would need two pumps. One from the engine and one to convert the hydraulic engine into rotational energy? Interesting idea.

Not having an SC or a fan drive to reference I am ass-uming that the engine drives a pump and a hydraulic motor drives the fan. If so, take the fan motor and attach it to drive an alternator instead. Again, theoretical from my point so take it for what its worth.

Dave, you will find it hard to bleed the air out of the oil cooler set up like that.

I think the alternator drive has been talked about before on this forum but I don't think it has been done. It has been used for PS pump and a hyd winch pto so I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a bit of thought and the right size hyd motor.

Dave, you will find it hard to bleed the air out of the oil cooler set up like that.

I think the alternator drive has been talked about before on this forum but I don't think it has been done. It has been used for PS pump and a hyd winch pto so I see no reason why it wouldn't work with a bit of thought and the right size hyd motor.

Good imput, thanks. In addition to mounting the alternator out of the way and in a better place for weight positioning another cool possiblity would be a bypass to unload the alternator on full power runs. Why use power to make electricity for 10-20 seconds while peak acceleration is the goal?

Bummmer.......

Maybe an injector pintle cap got loose and rolled down into the CC when the valve was open?

Hope it's nothing serious.

it's a metal object FOR SURE. I was cranking it and you can feel the sensation of a brick wall when manually crank w/ tq wrench. Starts off easy at TDC and out of nowhere it refuses to budge a single mm. Good luck bro, one more completion and your in the endzone!

BTW I may have found a helper if your looking to take the engine in/out again.

I feel there's something in the back cylinders that got hit and resist the turn. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

If Sean had found a helper, then I may just come, watch, and prepare the drinks that David has in his fridge. :D

Got most of the parts out except heads and timing belt. Engine still have the same symptoms. Something must fell in after in stalled the timing. I rotate the engine at least 6 times to triple check the timing belt. However, it is not turn now.

What about your flex plate bolts or something that side hitting the back of the block?

Dropped a nut down an old VW kombi van engine once, started it up for a laugh and it rattled for 5 minutes until it got spat out of the exhaust. Ran fine for another couple of years on 3 1/2 cylinders.

I have access to a bore o scope with an adjustable 180 degree head I can view into bores and look back up at the valves.

Good luck.

Hey fellas i'll be back in CA on September 3rd or 4th FOR SURE. U haul has been lined up and plane ticket purchased. I'll have that engine swapped before lunch =)

Sean, please do call him. I don't have a number for him or I would. He's not answering email & hasn't been on the site since last November, according to his profile, so we're all wondering what's up with him and if he's OK.

Hello all members...I also speak with David and he is simply very busy with his family and with his primary business. He still loves the Forum, but his time is quite limited. Cribb, PM me when you get a chance...

Ryan