SC400 vs Inifity G37

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Ok here we go...

One of my very best friends just leased a new G37 infinity stick fully loaded and has a chip on his sholder with his new ride...Well we just met up last night before going out on the town and gave it a go on a wide empty street...

His new G37 is manual too...

Anyway, we find the empty street, I have an extra person in my 1992 sc400 too.. I had said to myself I would race him without the Nitrous but I know I would lose the race most likely so I didn't even want to toy around with the idea for too long...

I am running a 100 nitrous shot on my Sc400 now with all the other outside the engine mods like headers, full high flow exhaust, Dragon TC, torsen LSD, intake, ECU piggy, lowered, etc.... I will soon up my shot back to 150 when I can install a good tranny cooler.. Then my sc400 will really start to bolt... It's still very fast though even with the 100 shot..

Anyway, I arm the nitrous from my 15 pounder in the trunk...It's a freshly filled bottle and it is heated... He's reving, I am idling at the start and we are off..

We bolt out of the gates, the G37 is spinning I am spinning but I elect not to hit the nitrous right away, I want to see if I actually need it... My first gear is decent and I am right next to him then boys and girls second clicks in and he begins to pull on me and then I immediately proceed to hammer it to the floor and the nitrous is engaged... WHooops, the rears start spinning out again in second gear and then I see my Sc400 start to pull away slowly from the new G37 and before we know it I am up to 80 mph and atleast 2 or 3 car lengths ahead... We shut it down, and after the race my freind simply says I need nos too... He say's why don't we race again without your nitrous... I say my brother maybe some other time, but I told him he would win if we did that....

We laughed and went out drinking after that and had a pretty good night... I always new I would beat out the G37 and I really think my friend knew it too prior to racing... Because he's been in my Sc4 and seen it rip many times... It was fun anyway and those G37 are infact very quick.. I would not have won without the use of Nitrous...

End of Story... Here is a couple of recent pics of my SC400 for anyone that doesn't know my ride...

Where is Justen on this forum I want some?????

That's a nice race, John. It's also very close, too. Up to 80 mph and your car pulls ahead of 2-3 car lengths, that means without the NOS, he'd pull away from you at 30 mph. Please remember his car is lighter, newer, and has 80 more hp than our SC400. I know the G37 is fast as I raced one when my car has 6 psi of boost. I could only pull away from him at around 40 mph.

My friend, I wish I could have a run with you for a cold beer. My car now has 9 psi. I ran with James and we're nearly equal. His car now is dynoed at 340 rwhp that equals to around 475 bhp. Just as a head-up, I clocked my car from 0-60 and it's somewhere in the high 4 seconds. I guess you may need to get your tranny cooler and arm with 150 shot. :biggrin:

Wow Steve... It sounds like your SC4 motors really well now at 9psi... I did want to ask you a question buddy? How reliable has your SC400 become since you boosted it? Do you find yourself wrenching on it almost daily or is it really solid and reliable for you?

Oh and my friend, it would be my pleasure to give it a go with ya...However, I would like to get my nitrous system at full strength first as it sounds like your ride may just take me with only the 100 shot going on a long run.... I will still race ya with the 100 shot though win or lose, just say when buddy?... That race would be fun and would carry some bragging rights for sure.... I've been wanting to race with you, David, and James for the longest time... We should really try and pull that race together with video..

Maybe in a couple weeks I will start PM'ing you guys and try and coordinate something? What do you think Steve would Dave and James show and go for it?

Oh and Steve, just for the record, if I would have activated my Nitrous in first gear when racing with this G37 I really think I would have started pulling away almost immediately... I still feel I possess a very quick 0-60mph time with this current 100 nitrous shot going.. Actually, my 0-60mph times are probably faster with the 100 shot rather then with the 150 shot...Why you may ask? Traction is much kinder in my SC 4 with just the 100 shot thru the first two gears if you can believe that.... My 150 shot gets my Sc4 moving better thru the 3rd and 4th gears for sure... Also, I certainly can't activate my nitrous in first gear with the 150 shot or I will just spin and go no where... With the 100 shot I can go for it during the first gear and bolt... I really need to get a progressive release system with the 150 shot going, as it get's really nasty and hard to manage for me thru the first two gears.....

My turbo system is very reliable. I've been boosting it every weekend for months now. My last 2 runs were against the IS 350 with a complete exhaust system. I pulled away from that guy at around 20 mph. The guy looked so mad when I slowed down. The last run was against the Cadillac CTS-V. I also pulled away from him with no sweat. This Cadillac is rated for 400 hp. My car will be down for maybe about 2 weeks, because I'll be putting in thicker head gaskets to lower the compression and ARP head studs, so I can boost more safely. My goal is about at least 12 psi and with this new setup, I'll probably go for 15 psi. I can gain about 16 rwhp for every psi.

I don't worry about the turbo system, but I do about how much the engine can handle, especially the tranny. I have the tranny cooler installed and it only got a little bit warm by touching it. You must have a tranny cooler to keep it last longer.

I'm down to race anytime John. Lets say 1/4 mile and at Auto club speedway on a Sat morning? If Steve is boosting 15psi then I might crank my little boost controller up a bit too just to keep up :biggrin:. I'll have my friend to video tape for us so I can put up on youtube for everyone on the site to see.

My 2jzgte setup.

Steve single setup.

John NOS setup.

3 different setup. This should be a interesting race.

That sounds great! For the current situation when all of us have similar hp, I think I'll stay with 9 psi. My fuel system isn't ready for higher boost than this anyway. If we could go early on Saturday morning, we can still have time for lunch.

Lex (David) is no where to be found... Does lex stand a chance against any of us?

James, I may be able to do Saturday morning...

Man, Steve you pulled away from a Caddy with 400hp now that is impressive...Those Caddy's can really move 0-60mph, slightly under 4 second cars if I am not mistaken.. I am not so sure I can pull away from one of those....However, I also beat the Is350 years ago, they are punchy little cars too just like the G37's.. I had the 150 shot going at the time when I raced the IS350 and pulled away big time at 20 mph or so too... Steve when you pull away from a new C6 vette then you are king, I will crown you personally..... I still can't take out a new C6 vette as I have tried several time...It's close everytime though but I just can't seem to pull away from one, that's even with the 150 shot going.... Ny nemises..

James, your SC4 with the 2jz sounds really fast on the topend...How are your launches?

You guys will be my hero if you can pull away from one... I am talking about the newest Vette too, not the Z06 but a standard..

Man, I need to get my tranny cooler installed asap, up my line pressure like before, and peg open my Nitrous output, you guys are making me nervous with your claims and pics... A shift kit would be nice too... You are guys are getting my racing itch going as you can see...

James and Steve you guys have come along way since I first met you guys.. Congrats!!!!

PS. Steve don't worry about blowing your 1uz-fe motor before your tranny because that won't happen... I've personally snapped the tranny already and that wasn't from heat but from grip and power in second gear...... Snap, szzzzzzz, ghost..... It's not fun...However, these used trannies are cheap to get and can easily be swapped in... I did my last tranny swap for $500, $300 for the tranny, and $200 for the install.... The linkage will always be off just a hair, something about tranny swaps that always tips off the linkage just a bit... This is now my 3rd tranny on this car... My 1uz-fe motor is a solid as a rock... I also ping like crazy at times with the 150 shot going at high rpms as I don't retard the timing as I should and she still doesn't blow on me...

My car have really good top end. I would say it would give steve a good run. My torque is not as good as steve. Last time we race from a 30mph rolled to 90mph I was really struggling to catch steve at first then I caught up to even.

I'll look up the time available for Auto Club Speedway. My friend told me they have it almost every sat morning. I'm also bring a couple of buddies who have ISF, 335I, and M3.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll make sure its like 2 or 3 weeks ahead reminder. NO FLAKING OUT! IF YOU FLAKE OUT THEN YOU LOSE!:biggrin:

My car have really good top end. I would say it would give steve a good run. My torque is not as good as steve. Last time we race from a 30mph rolled to 90mph I was really struggling to catch steve at first then I caught up to even.

I'll look up the time available for Auto Club Speedway. My friend told me they have it almost every sat morning. I'm also bring a couple of buddies who have ISF, 335I, and M3.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll make sure its like 2 or 3 weeks ahead reminder. NO FLAKING OUT! IF YOU FLAKE OUT THEN YOU LOSE!:biggrin:
You're the man, James...I'm still afraid I'll lose to you at high end if we continue. I think you have more rwhp than I do. KC only dynoed his supercharged SC at 310 rwhp at 8.4 psi. But hopefully the turbo might be a bit different. Anyway, I've been waiting for this moment for the three muskeeters...LOL.

I honestly think I will lose to both of you guys in the full quarter mile...However, I will be happy if I am in convincing in the lead after 60mph or so... I won't have my 150 shot going just yet...However, I will roll with the 100 shot though... That's a good excuse anyway if I do lose..He He...

I've beat a few stock M3's in the past with my 100 shot so James bring the buds with the rides..... The new ISF Lexus could probably hang and give us all a run for our money, I wouldn't be suprised..... Man, that sounds like alot of fun, so I am in.... Pm with directions and times and I will be their for sure...

A couple of boosted lexus's, an M3, and the new ISF, wow...Fun!!!!! James what's a 335i? Is it fast?

The 0-60mph range is my strengh for right now.. My topend after 60mph or so let's off considerably and is kinda weak so James I can see you flying bye me perhaps........ Steve, it sounds like you will be my main 0-60mph compitition... Maybe the ISF as well... Let's coordinate this fellas... After all that is why we build these rides of ours, right? I just love to see fast cars anyway.... I am like a kid in a candy store around fast cars.....

What's this race road like?

Ok so here is a quick info. August 16 has been cancel for the drag race. The next date is Nov 1&2 08. It will be $20 for car and driver. $10 for spectator.
http://www.autoclubspeedway.com/dragway/

You can do as many pass as you want.
So we have plenty of time to prep up our car for this event.
I'll keep everyone posted if there is any changes or earlier dates.

James...The 335i beemer shouldn't be any faster then an M3, no problem...

So this is a race track of sorts to race on...Two cars at a time?...

I was hoping for a no fee 4 way air strip or something, now that would be awesome... Now everyone, on your marks get set go!!!!!!

No cheating like using 101 octane before racing on that day...

I actually have race gasoline one mile away..103 octane at $8 per gallon, that may just put me over the top though...He He..

Lex, do you have a ride yet to sport and jump in on the action and hang?

James...The 335i beemer shouldn't be any faster then an M3, no problem...

So this is a race track of sorts to race on...Two cars at a time?...

I was hoping for a no fee 4 way air strip or something, now that would be awesome... Now everyone, on your marks get set go!!!!!!
The 335 is twin turbo but in stock form, it's nothing to consider about. I smoked it easily when I was at 5 psi. But if the 335 has increased the boost, it's something to worry about. The drag race track allow 2 cars at a time. The other cool thing is I'd like to know how I'll do in 1/4 mile.

This is drag race track at California speedway now called auto club speedway in Fontana.

Get your car up David. There is still plenty of time. Get it up and smoke everyone there LOL...

James,

I have been busy for the last two weeks work on my new place. I dont have a chance to touch my engine at all. My new place open next Saturday.

Dave, get your priorities straight...Cars first business second, no?

Ok fellas you got my competitive juices flowing..This may give me enough time to up my nitro...

- I need a new piggy back ECU that can tune and adjust the timing accordingly...I can't take the pinging at high rpms anymore as it makes me nervous....

- Secondly, I need to install a worthy tranny cooler.. I have it already and just need to install it.

- Thirdly, I've always wanted to install a shift kit... ATP triptronic..and up the line pressure..

- Lastly go progressive with the nitro.. Which takes some work..

Since restoring my SC I might as well take it to the limit so I can handle you guys..... To think I was about to junk her a month ago...Wow... Thanks to David I changed my mind... I still need a new driverside door as my locking mechinism broke, and the actuator wire snapped and also the metal window guide broke off... It's a real disaster beyond fixing I would think..

Three weeks outta do it...

I roll up and down the window by hand to open and close the driverside door... Do you guys know where I can get a used driverside door complete? I've been looking around but come up short everytime...

Attachments

• 1299_5mg.jpg
    1299_5mg.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Wakefieldstart.jpg
    Wakefieldstart.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 17
Wow, I gotta see this guys! Make sure you tape it and post it up on YouTube. Exciting to see all this action.

• Jibby, I am glad you restored your SC!!
  • James, it will be interesting to see the higher HP, but lower tq from your car, and how it performs against the others...
  • Steve, glad to see your awesome project is rock solid and reliable, sometimes I alomst wish I did it your way, especially when I think of all the money and time I have invested in my project.
  • Lextreme, c'mon, let's see your ride roll with these guys. The King reigns!!
Ryan