SC14 Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I have read in many places that those SC14 supercharger can last as long as 300,000 miles. I know there are few guys used two of these superchargers on the 1uzfe. I know a local Japanese Import shop sell them for like $95 USD each. What do u guys think?

I am interested in knowing more about these and if they are similiar to the rotrex..I will look for more info and post it or send it to you for you to post...I am getting my 1uz in about 2 weeks and this might be the route I choose to go.....

I say make it happen and then tell us how much more it will cost when it is all said and done. I would love a $95 supercharger but what else would you need?

I would love to see a "cheap" supercharger for those of us who can't afford all of the bling. I don't need anything crazy either. For my use in a 4x4 more low end torque does me far more good then tons off the top. I rarely see over 4000rpm anyway.

I think you will need two to make it work well for the V8. I have one in my 2.4L and full torque at 1,500 rpm.
2TZ-Dyno.jpg

With the 4.0 and power by two SC14 with 3.5" pulley will be optimal. Anything smaller 3.5" you will over spin it. Right now with my 8.9:1 at 4" pulley yield 8 psi and that is reach during 1,500 rpm.

Here is a similar N/A version of the 2.4L (Tacoma)
2rz&3rz.jpg

Yup you would need 2 for any half decent performance. Has been done here in Oz and went quite well but a very complex setup and much easier ways to get the hp. The SCs are cheap but i still think a simple single turbo setup would work out cheaper all up and work better too.

$95 sounds great for a supercharger, even if you need two. The way I see it, the sc14's could be mounted anywhere on the motor. Maybe you could make to run on thier own belt drive. Say you mount it further in front of the belt pulleys, rig some kind of belt tensioner and bracket and bolt on a drive pulley in front of the crank pulley. Then that would leave only the plumbing. Sounds real crazy but I think that''s the purpose of this website, to get as much info as possible. If I am crazy let me know.

You have me wery interested in this as an alternative to turbo charging. How much of an increase would there be in power? It looks like a 2.4l gets an increase of about 40hp from stock. Now my math may be off but with a 4.0L, wouldn't that equal to about 75hp-95hp going with a dual set up, intercooled, @ 7-8psi?

Sc-14

You have me wery interested in this as an alternative to turbo charging. How much of an increase would there be in power? It looks like a 2.4l gets an increase of about 40hp from stock. Now my math may be off but with a 4.0L, wouldn't that equal to about 75hp-95hp going with a dual set up, intercooled, @ 7-8psi?

I have one of these that I will sell for $75-it should have the front bearing replaced before further use. I used this on an autocross E-mod Miata for a few years and it worked very well. To reply to another post---this is nothing like a Rotrex,which is a centrifugal blower. Go to www.boostedtundras.com to see a pic of one that I use on my Tundra Kit.
The SC14 is a positive displacement blower just like the Eaton style blowers. I can give dimensions if anybody is interested