S13 240sx 1uz swap

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Anthonygrud

As the title says im going to be doing a 1UZ swap into a S13. Im most likely going to go with a sc400 1UZ so i can run electric fans. Im going to be using a kit that comes with all the mounts for motor and transmission. Ill be using the stock KA s13 transmission and ill have an adapter plate made by a friend. Im not sure of the flywheel , pressure plate , and clutch set up so if you have any information it would be a huge help. Also if anyone could supply information on the wiring for this that would awesome.

and yes i have searched around and i cant find any information on the wiring and clutch problems.

Thanks , Anthony

Problem SOLVED!

I'm getting a custom package from a local guy who's done this swap and knows them in and out. Im getting a custom 11lb flywheel made , 6 puck stage 3 clutch , and a transmission adapter from the 1UZ to the stock KA transmission. YES the KA transmission will hold the power completly fine. He runs a 1UZ 240sx with a SR transmission and i've seen him beat the shit out of it at track events. Im going to be using the same setup as him just with a KA transmission which is basically the same as a SR transmission. So yes you dont need a "super duper R154" to run a 1UZ just a nice flywheel and a good clutch.

Also i've switched from using a sc400 1UZ because it has a low slump oil pan and the powersteering needs to be modded and im now going to use a ls400 1UZ since the power steering does NOT need to be modded and everything fits nicely and looks like it belonged in the engine bay in the first place ( if you do your motor mounts correctly )

Here's a link to a shop's website that does good work locally. ( Tampa , FL )

http://www.xatracing.com/lexus1uz.html

Last edited:
yes the SR/KA box will take a standard 1uzfe but up the power and it will self destruct, trust me ive dealt with those boxes plenty.

yes the SR/KA box will take a standard 1uzfe but up the power and it will self destruct, trust me ive dealt with those boxes plenty.

The only mods that will be done to the motor would be a EGR delete , custom exhaust , and intake. I wont be doing ANY serious block or head work. Later on i will probably saved up enough money and will have an R154.

the same guy does an adapter to mate the 6 speed 350z box, wel, i think its the same guy, im oredering one of those soon for mine ;)

UPDATE : im getting my motor set this weekend it will be from a 1993 and under ls400 for about 450$. Im going to get a oil filter housing from a sc400 and use that on the ls400 1uz. Im getting a swap kit to mate the 1uz to the 240sx ka transmission. Im doing some basic mantience on the 1uz : rear and front main seal , valve cover gaskets , oil pan sealant , water pump , timing belt , serpentine belt , spark plugs , etc. Basically whatever will be needed.

more will come this weekend.

did you get this running? we swapped 1uz in s13, but it runs as shit beyond ~3k rpm. probably some wires need to be shorted for the ecu to think its in drive mode or smth..

i heard the standard computer runs in "safe mode" if all the plugs from the standard 1uz loom are not in the factory dash cluster/instruments. may need after market ECU.

Yeah but for the price of his adapter, I got an R154 AND my adapter built...

I have no worries running boost.

Problem SOLVED!

I'm getting a custom package from a local guy who's done this swap and knows them in and out. Im getting a custom 11lb flywheel made , 6 puck stage 3 clutch , and a transmission adapter from the 1UZ to the stock KA transmission. YES the KA transmission will hold the power completly fine. He runs a 1UZ 240sx with a SR transmission and i've seen him beat the shit out of it at track events. Im going to be using the same setup as him just with a KA transmission which is basically the same as a SR transmission. So yes you dont need a "super duper R154" to run a 1UZ just a nice flywheel and a good clutch.

Also i've switched from using a sc400 1UZ because it has a low slump oil pan and the powersteering needs to be modded and im now going to use a ls400 1UZ since the power steering does NOT need to be modded and everything fits nicely and looks like it belonged in the engine bay in the first place ( if you do your motor mounts correctly )

Here's a link to a shop's website that does good work locally. ( Tampa , FL )

http://www.xatracing.com/lexus1uz.html