Rotrex Supercharger?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
dont believe everything u read... C38-61 is rated max at 550 bhp. Check out the vortech http://www.lextreme.com/vortechunit.htm You will be luck if you can make 50% (rwhp) of the indicated hp from the factory. So, if V2 can produce 680 bhp, you will be luck if you can get 350 rwhp out of it. Call them up and ask them what is the cfm at 7k rpm at 5.0" crank pulley with 10.4:1 compression. Dont be surprise if they can not give that answer.

Rotrex good but expensive, most people in USA avoid it because of cost. Otherwise it performs ok and is used by HKS as mentioned above. Definitely the most compact SC for output ........... I think...

The Rotrex superchargers are without question the most efficient on the market.
We´re talking less parasitic lossses for a given hp output then the rest, nothing else.
This maby is nothing that the average garage owner cares about.. but no other centrifugal supercharger of equal size, trim etc can compete on those terms.

Cost / hp is anhother thing and there they can´t compete with the more common superchargers that have larger produciton batches and/or items produced behind the custom walls of your domestic market.

I can tell that A Vortech supercharger isn´t that cheap here in Sweden because of our import fees from outside the EU, so the step up to a Rotrex, is quite small.

The Rotrexes are downright tiny compared to a Vortech, Paxton, or Whipple. All the "gearing" is done axially, so there isnt the big gearbox on the side of the unit. It would be relatively easy to package two of the Rotrexes in an engine bay instead of one larger blower.

-Kirk

I Have C38 -61 in my Lexus LS400 -91.

I still use stock compression but I can see really good improvement in performance (dynoed to use gasoline 98E). You can find my dyno sheet in the forum. But then I had stock exhaust. Now I have from headers "everything" changed including cats. Maybe I have time in this summer to go dyno again to see how much improvement it caused.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=845
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4899
http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3801

Yeesh. That thing is sitting right on the surge line. I mean RIGHT on the surge line. The 30-94 is a slightly better match if you overspeed it a tiny bit. Either that, or you could port the compressor housing. The other semi-easy fix is to bump up the displacement so the pressure ratios don't need to be so high to make the same power... or run the same boost and make more power!

-Kirk

Attachments

• exhaust1small.jpg
    exhaust1small.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 61
  • exhaust2small.jpg
    exhaust2small.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 37
Sorry, but I did not exactly understand. 30-94? do you mean 30mm pulley for crank and 94mm for Rotrex?
Porting compressor housing? Where and how much?
This is interesting. I'm planning to make "spare" motor slowly (with help.. I'm not and expert in engine building). I won a bid already in ebay and my spare motor is on it's way to me. I plan to use this FI setup with that motor I'm going to build but with ported heads & better valve springs and valves. Opinions which would be the best base compression ratio for this Rotrex setup? 10:1 or 9.5:1 for example?

The 30-94 is a smaller model Rotrex supercharger. It's probably best to stick with what you have, but you need to work to get the PR's down and/or mass flows up so you're not sitting on the surge line. Like I said before, the easiest way to do that is to make the engine's displacement larger.

9.5:1 or 10:1 is right in the region you should probably be. There isn't a great deal of difference between the two. To start I'd want to error on the safe side, and then work up later to higher compression ratios later.

-Kirk

The BIGGEST problem with supercharging a uzfe is the crank pulley. Its only 5" Perhaps George (username) can make use a larger crank pulley so we can run higher boost.
george said:
hey lex thanks for the nice words. thats my car by the way. i already have headers on it with a full twin 2.5 inch exhaust. im running 440 injectors and a walbro fuel pump so the fuel system is good for much more power. to get it up to 15 psi i am having a custom crank pulley made up either 7.5 or 8 inch diameter. the belt looks stressed becaused it was damaged as i was testing the system (the supercharger wasnt 100 percent in line with the crank pulley). cobra i cant machine the ribbed pulley you are talking about because the ribs actually make up the pulley. if i was to machine them flat the pulley would fall apart. to achieve 15psi all i would need to do is move the supercharger forward by about an inch and install the new crank pulley. Not a big deal reallly and well worth it, on 15 psi it will make a massive amount of power. by the way the car made 206rwkw with a restrictive exhaust (fixed now) and with the auto abou to slip (had been on the dyno for about 2 hours) should make more power now

In my setup there is an extra aluminium pulley on the top of the crankshaft pulley. And the Rotrex has already the smallest one available from Rotrex.

So, maybe machine 8inch pulley and adjust the pressure with Rotrex pulley?
But that's after I have forged internals?

ismo67 said:
In my setup there is an extra aluminium pulley on the top of the crankshaft pulley. And the Rotrex has already the smallest one available from Rotrex.

So, maybe machine 8inch pulley and adjust the pressure with Rotrex pulley?
But that's after I have forged internals?
You're already at the manufacturer's speed limit (100000 RPM).

-Kirk