Richwood Technologies Supercharger Manifold

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Autronic,

I don't have a charger on my manifold so I can't get you those measurements. Perhaps John or Fuly can help you with that.

Autronic, my Richwood manifold doesn't have anything mounted as yet, so I can get nearly any measurements you'd like.

I'll get the dimensions of the interior plus the size of the SC mounting plate for you later today.

John

Here you go. Will have make another post to include the rest.

P.S. That tape measure is measuring in inches, while the digital caliper is in mm.

Hi,
We have finished making the VVTi supercharger, it will fit the 4.0, 4.3, 4.5, 4.7, and 5.0, it will be available in the new year,check with us for pricing and application guide.

In the mean time if you put the 1UZ-fe heads on the 2uz,3uz you can use the exsisting manifold available from Richwood.

Autronic; we make a intercooler to go under the top plate, hides inside the manifold, is 19mm thick, manifold has two connectors on the rear, email me for costs.

Injectors holes are machined for std injectors, some may find the plastic nipple on the injector tight, we have enlarged the base hole from 9 to 9.5mm to accomodate this.

Cheers, Andrew
[email protected]

Hi I'm interested in buying a richwood manifold but the web site don't seem to work, if you have any info that would help me thank you.

I have a Bullet manifold and found that I had to spent quite a few hours cleaning up the casting and match porting it. A big waste of time though. While they are a nice manifold and allows the blower to sit nice and low in the valley you will never make big power using one. Reason.. You will not get the inatke temps down. As soon as the blower gets warm the intake temp is off the chart and you can't put timing into the engine. Their under blower intercooler dropped intake temps from over 110C to about 90C. using a bloody big heat exchanger....another waste of time. And lifted the blower up another 40mm so it poked through the hood anyway. Turbos are the go.

Ivan, you bring up a good point about the charge air cooling, but it also depends on how efficient your blower is.

I forgot, are you using a Roots or a screw type?

And you're right, you'll get more peak power out of turbo's, but you won't get that huge bump in torque until they're on boost. With the Roots or screw, you have boost from the get-go.

I spent many hours cleaning up the ports on my Richwood manifold and my intercooler was a sandwich plate about 50mm high that redirected the pressurised air through an external water/air intercooler and then back into the sandwich plate. The sandwich plate was essentially a box divided in two from the top of one side to the bottom of the other side.

What I received needed a lot of work to make it function as it should.

I had around $10,000 invested in the induction system and for that I could have had more power with turbo's and not spent the other $35,000 building an engine to accept 21.5psi.

Hi guys, sorry not been on for long time.
Yes Bulletcars is only place now that has manifold but the casting isn't as thick as a richwood who's design was for drag racing (think first customer was piranha racing using 6ltr psi blower).
You are right with a couple of things Zuffen with the porting, intercooler an cost an your running a smaller blower than I have (3. 3ltr Whipple, non intercooled, twin 3" throttles with 16-38psi cost $14k) but it cost around the same for a harrop ls blower set up with less boost. Yes a twin turbo set up would cost $3-5k an provide eazy 25+psi.
I spent about the same as you did doing custom billet cams, rods, pistons, head mods an port matching, blower set up, fuel system an ecu but my set up was built for 40psi@10, 000rpm

What sort of power are you looking at/for out of it.

I sold my engine off and put a stocker back in.

It was too fuel hungry to leave the city and it was almost un-driveable on Mud Terrain tyres.

When I sat down an start this built I wanted that higher revving boosted v8 hence my goal was 9500@35psi an about 1200hp, did about 3mths of research an numbers say its possible so I did it? At about 10,500rpm I'm getting close to the limit of this blower setup unless I drop psi to 28psi, me engine builder said it'll spin to 12,000rpm no problems at all. I still run a baffled wet sump with some mods to pump, custom oil return lines from each head to sump to limit overflow up high an dry below in hi-rev, OS longer valves hd springs shim less buckets, 13mm lift billet cams an from idle 800rpm 16psi boost till cut at moment. It is well I cooked that dam tricked shit auto on breakin tune after 800km, yep16psi@4500rpm so car been off road till th400 now, was going 6 speed tremac but changed mind.

Yes she can be a thirsty pig if you us too much of a lead foot but ain't that bad cuisin, well is one of many draw backs of supercharger over turbo? Supercharger run boost from idle hence more fuel where turbo kicks in 1/3 to 1/2 rev till reline so half as thirsty? Harder to cool blower charged air compare to turbo intercooler an if you upgrade ya only tweaking mid to top of map not whole rev range?