Push Button gear change

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lleksam

Hi
Has any one ever done a push button gear change on a Lexus A341E auto gear box?

I dont mean gear change as in first, second, third etc, what i mean is Park to reverse, drive, neutral etc and do away with the gear stick / shifter completely

Thanks

Steve

Steve,

I have never done it. Been looking into it for a customer that is considering the A341E as an option for his 64 Dodge Dart GT. But I am going to put it behind a Dodge 340. One of the things I had to do was keep the original push button transmission and it has to look original from the top. This company I believe has the gear that will work.

https://www.powertraincontrolsolutions.com/Aftermarket/

If the customer pulls the trigger I will update with what I find out.

Jake

340 series box can be shifted from n to P to D to R only mechanically, but it can be fitted with cable quite easily. Or, shift control rod (one located on the transmission) can be moved with some sort of servo. Which in turn can be controlled by some simple circuit that monitors the pattern select switch

340 series box can be shifted from n to P to D to R only mechanically, can be moved with some sort of servo. Which in turn can be controlled by some simple circuit that monitors the pattern select switch

Simple for some maybe, but Im colour blind, dont do or know a single thing about electronics, Im a nuts and bolts man my self, and the occasional electric glue

Steve

I just explained how it can be done by someone skilled in the art. For purely mechanical solution you would need Victorian era inventor.

There was a member here called KDog who made shift boxes that made the car shift "tiptronically". Not even sure that's a word!

He did it by switching the solenoids on and off in a set pattern.

A search should tell you what the solenoid timing is then build/have built a box to xontrol it.

Not far out electronics.

Zuffen,

Lleksam needs shifting through P/R/N/D rather than L/2/o.d. off/D
That's not achievable with just solenoids, as I explained above

There was a member here called KDog who made shift boxes that made the car shift "tiptronically". Not even sure that's a word!

He did it by switching the solenoids on and off in a set pattern.

A search should tell you what the solenoid timing is then build/have built a box to xontrol it.

Not far out electronics.

Thanks But i have a SupraStick magic box that males manual shifting possible with buttons

Steve

I have played with a unit from company called ARENS
they are a fly by wire gear shifter

u have buttons in the dash
and u have a big servo on the gearbox
its not cheap that's y u never hear of it on forums
I did some work on them on a 6 spd Allison gearbox from a chevy Silverado
so not sure if they would make a kit for toyota

I also have 2 kits left of kdogs tip tronic kits
but its not what u r looking for

I have played with a unit from company called ARENS
they are a fly by wire gear shifter