Problem after standing 8 months

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Djhep

Hi all.
I would really appreciate a wee bit of help if possible.
My 60 series with 1UZ FE conversion has been standing for 8 months while i was away working.
Previous to this it was running great.

I have started the vehicle, and all seemed ok.
It drives ok for a few minutes and the engine is sounding really sweet as usual. Then it starts to what i can describe as kangaroo badly. Temps rise and it becomes undriveable but manage to limp home.
This scenario has been repeated 4 or 5 times as i test after carrying out following repairs.
I have drained fuel, fitted new fuel filters and fitted new batteries as originals were a bit suspect. I also teplaced the fuel pump

I noticed that the alternator is only charging at 13.4 V.
I wiil have it serviced but woud that cause my probem?.

I did previosly have a.very similar problem when the small vacuum pipe from the engine to the Spitztronic unit was damaged
I checked the same pipe and it seems to be ok.

If anybody has an idea what coud be going on i woud really appreciate some feedback.

All the best.
Dave

Hi, thx for your reply.
That is correct, i am using a Spitztronic ecu.
Are you thinking it may be an ecu tuning issue?
As mentioned the engine was running well before it was left to stand for some months.

Cheers.
Dave.

Dave, you might want to have a look at your ignition wires & distributors. You didn't mention where the car was sitting, but if it was outside (or even inside), you may have had some temporary "boarders" (mice) who made several meals off your wiring :(

Or, possibly your climatic conditions went after the distributors and wires and have caused some corrosion, etc.

At any rate, I'd have a close look at these obvious points, and see if they look cruddy.

I recall the thread somewhere @ Lextreme, where OP described how mice ate his knock sensor wiring (that's where the starter is located). While it doesn't affect rough work, might give you some idea to look in non-reachable places

I wish we had no mice in the world, they are horrible pests. I had a trans am years ago that had the hood batting and wires ruined by them.