Operating temps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

Since getting my a/c gassed back up, I've been playing around with the radiator in my conversion as it seemed the motors temps were a little high with the a/c running but as I do not have any reference data to go on I could be over exaggerating the possible problem.

Without the condenser in place, the temps at 100kph sat around 83-85degc. With condenser installed, same speed, temps 84-87degc. With a/c on at 100kph temps jump to 91-93degc. To ensure consistency, I've tried to get all these temps when its around 30degc outside.

Until now, I've always run the electric fan at 93 on/ 88 off but with the a/c on, its possible the fan can come on when doing 100kph and it won't go off.

So question is, are the above temps ok? Should I just change the fan on temp to say 95degc as I know its not going to boil and I just need to get used to seeing different temps as being normal.

For info, aluminium radiator, 2 speed Volvo electric fan, the temp sensors are in standard position and I'm using the Megasquirt to control the fans operation

I don't see the temps as too high.

My fans turn on around 95 and I've never had the car overheat.

One advantage of the fans coming on is it will make the air-conditioning work better.

I have another vehicle with an LS3 and the fans turn on at 105 and move to hi-speed at 110.

I've seen 120 on the guage and that's how the factory runs it.

'2000 crown majesta 1uz-fe vvti turns on slow speed of main radiator fans at 93 C if a/c is off. Max speed above 100ish