OBX Racing plans to produce an Individual Throttle Body setup for the 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sniper

Super Moderator
As some may have heard, OBX may be coming out with an ITB setup for the 1UZ.

At first i didn't think they would be producing this kit, then I got an email from an OBX distributer and he said that he has seen the setup on a SC400 at an OBX warehouse. He said that it is not yet available to the public but it will be later this year, sometime in August. He also commented on how awesome it sounded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya I saw that too so im not sure what the person i talked to was saying, I also called an OBX office that was in San Fran and he said he had no idea what i was talking about, so mixed feedback so far. some one buy one and see what happens!

I wont buy it until someone really test it out. I am sure they got a set from Australia and sent to China for replication. Secondly, the price is pretty high.

we'll see.

OBX randomly has parts here and there posted, but nobody has ever seen them. i don't see why they would want to market a 1uzfe throttle body kit when they know they won't be able to sell many.

you have to think how many cars came with a 1uzfe, and all of them are automatic. putting itb's on an automatic that isn't map sensored is quite a mess.

we'll see.

OBX randomly has parts here and there posted, but nobody has ever seen them. i don't see why they would want to market a 1uzfe throttle body kit when they know they won't be able to sell many.

you have to think how many cars came with a 1uzfe, and all of them are automatic. putting itb's on an automatic that isn't map sensored is quite a mess.

Those were my exact thoughts also and im not sure what OBX has in mind. But the OBX distributer said it will be coming so we'll see. But ya, it doesn't really make business sense.

I'm curious as well but i hope obx has stepped up it's quality. Some of their products i've dealt with in the past weren't great.

I contacted them numerous times, offered to pay for a set or a few sets, and tried other ways to get there attention. I never received photos of the actual item but was told a few were produced. They kept saying "Wait another few weeks" or "it will be here with our next shipment" "you are on the list". I was even told a story about a SC400 that was in FL (not sure if that was the state he said) and this OBX rep actually saw the car on the Dyno and talked about how fantastic it sounded. Eventually they stopped responding to my inquiries. I personally have never seen any evidence that they made one set. All in all that was about a 8 - 10 month process in which I was trying to get them to sell me a set, or even get photos of it. Neither ever happened. I myself have turned back to custom fabrication. The reality is that while the various kits that are out now can be very pricey, you get what you pay for. OBX never had the best reputation to begin with. That's just my .02 and what I went through.

sorry was on the phone and didnt proof read that anyway i bought a external fuel pump trying to upgrade my system also put fuel return and fpr areomotive should have just went with a areomotive pump. but i tried to go cheap and this is what i get i dont now how many times i have to learn this lesson you get what you pay for.....

so has anyone bought a set?
if so, what is the quality like? its hard to tell from the pictures.
these, if decent enough quality, would be nice for someone who is down for cams, headers, and standalone

probably the same gains you'd likely get from a well made short runner manifold. I would think an instant 50hp over a stock manifold with a decent amount of boost.

got a set of OBX ITB for 1uzfe. My friend is currently working on it to get everything in place and working.

Not a perfect fit, need mod to install to the heads, yet need fuel rail mod to bolt it.