My cars

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

johnymd

Hi. Joined this forum due to my love of such great engines. I put a 1jz in my Datsun 240z in 2010 and its transformed the car into a real track weapon. When it came time to choose an engine for my daily driver 280z it had to be lexus again but this time in NA form. What better than a 3uz-fe. The engine is out of a GS430 and I now have it stating and running on my workshop floor. This project is in its very early stages and at the moment the bodyshell is on axle stands with the engine and auto box positioned in its new location. I will need to make some engine and gearbox mounts but first I need to find a rear sump as the front sump on the 3uz is right were the crossmember and rack goes. Ill start a build thread if anyone is interested. I have a website with some of my car listed. The blue one is the 1j and the ratty lavender 280z is the one for this project.

John

Fellow Member Sudsy makes a cast rear sump.

Whilst Australia is a long way away postage from here isn't all that bad.

From memory his price was pretty good, especially compared to fabricated sumps here in Australia.

I suggest a PM may solve your problem.

A Soarer/SC400 isn't all that rear when you hold on in your hands.

Thanks, I'll send him a pm.

I think I can get away with a mid sump as its only the very front of the sump that's in the way. The problem I have is also with how low I need to get the engine so I can't just modify the tin part as the Ali section gets in the way too.