Project Thread MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
haha... my mig has been having wire feed issues and when it does not feed right it looks like bird shit. Its out of site out of mind anyways lmao.

I cannot tell from pics ??
But is the w/g feed from one bank ??
If it is?? It's VERY hard to control boost ..

Sheesh you've given yourself some welding to do..

Not that I like the idea but some weld an outlet directly off the turbine housing...

Its has a Y to both banks right before the flange.

Not that I like the idea but some weld an outlet directly off the turbine housing...

I actually prefer this in some instances and it works very well....needs to be done spot on though. You need the right TIG rods and you have to preheat the cast iron.

A mate running a 320rwkw 1JZ uses this setup on his Garrett (had no choice because of space). The car sees the drags, hillclimb and circuit and the welds have held up no dramas...in fact the only time this things moves pretty much it's copping a flogging :)

Its been awhile - Super busy... but stuff it starting to come together.

I got my -12an fitting welded to my oil pan, resealed that. A new-to-me 89+ subframe + poly mounts was installed. Feramic 6 puck solid disk + 2100lbs pressure plate on a steel flywheel was put on. I heat wrapped the manifolds (this sucks since it never wants to lay flat on a non flat surface) but I did my best. Still need to get SS ties for the driver side. Buttoned the W58 up (for the time being while my R154 gets built). Welded a 3.5" (from 4") vband onto the turbo and chamfered the leading edge to the flange. This gives me more room to work with. Using 94-95 Camry COPs with Bosch 211 controllers for the MS3x... Just awaiting some exhaust nuts and I can test fit the real engine in... should be no issue (except maybe the steering linkage... but we shall see).

Enjoy the slew of pictures... no particular order...

CRW_8196.jpg

CRW_8369.jpg

CRW_8740.jpg

CRW_8750.jpg

CRW_8757.jpg

CRW_8770.jpg

me.jpg

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0829.jpg

IMG_0836.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

COPs.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

GOOD stuff...
WHY is it when you think.. I must weld real good here because it needs it and can be seen !!!...
Only to weld the worst weld done on whole project..
Yes I have wire speed issues too.. Pita.. Every time you start the wire speed is different...
Cops look good... Don't get to say that too often !!!

Last edited:
Alright, so my buddy sent over a pic of my modified oil filter housing.. basically machined it down to the base and welded 2 -10an fittings to it... First set in my oil system...

P0511111547101.jpg

so what are you going to do for the actual filter adapter? did you buy one or modify the other end of the filter bracket to work in a remote spot?

Almost no effort to put the engine in... that was a great feeling!
IMG_1143.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

I wanted to test fit and get everything good in the car before I paint the engine bay. Last thing I want to do is weld all holes shut and need to drill new ones.. or have to hammer the firewall or something... Enjoy for now... more to come :)

filter adaptor

Hi guys
I have noticed the occasional mention about filter adaptors and have managed to find a couple of old pictures of the last run that I did for the guys at SSS marine here in Christchurch. They sell them on www.trademe.co.nz
I make 2 different types one points the filter to the front of the motor (both pictures) and the other out to the side..(called a 45 degree adaptor)

Cheers Craig Young

Attachments

• PA190170(1).JPG
    PA190170(1).JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 90
  • PA190172(2).JPG
    PA190172(2).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 88
Started to build my downpipe. I am really proud of how this is looking. Its all SS304 3.5" tubing, pie cut bends. This will eventually be heading towards the bumper.... but enjoy for now :)

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg