Standalone ECU megasquirt Q's, i'm stumped!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

japlish

ok so i recently decided to use a 1uz in my mx83, i've had a half built ms-ii v3 at home for ages but have never used it.
i'm getin really frustrated cause i have no idea what ignition setup the 1uz has (VR or hall?), i would like to use the standard 12-1 trigger wheel/distributor/ignitor but i'm not sure if this is possible?
i also want to control fuel as well.

i need help!!

Hey i think i can help here...

1Uz and megasquirt is a possible combination..

firstly 1UZ's have 3 VR sensor

you can choose to use 1 or all three
myself i am going ot use the crank wheel and take a tooth off it to
create a 12-1 missing tooth system

there are alot of MS users with the 3 sensor toyota setup on the MS forums
and there has been some specific coding done by the wizard james murray (MSnE) for the twin dizzy setup that the 1UZ has..

Do some searching of the MSEFI and MS-Extra forums of topics relating to the 1UZ, you will find valuable information there....

Hope this helps.

Daniel.

the 1uz has a stepper motor for idle and the msq can handle it, although on my car the motor was stuck open so i disabled it and cracked the trottle plate open a bit useing the trottle stop set screw and it idles perfectly this way. so im thinking about just blocking of the stepper motor. my motor is on the stock computer.

I will second the above info. I'm setting up a megasquirt 2 v3 pcb on my 1UZ. I plan to run the three triggers and the duel dissy setup with MS2extra code. I am going to use the factory ignitors and coils. I have an LCDash which will be my gauges in my hot rod.

I have also built my own transmission controller based on an MS2 card and code written by James from the MSextra site. I have posted details on this site. You might be interested in this if you are running an auto.

So far I have bench tested my set up but I have to finish building my hot rod before I can test it on the engine.

Cheers

Daniel

PS I'm on the Gold Coast so I'm only a couple of hours away if you need help.

ok so i recently decided to use a 1uz in my mx83, i've had a half built ms-ii v3 at home for ages but have never used it.
i'm getin really frustrated cause i have no idea what ignition setup the 1uz has (VR or hall?), i would like to use the standard 12-1 trigger wheel/distributor/ignitor but i'm not sure if this is possible?
i also want to control fuel as well.

i need help!!

I have a 1uz running on MS-I v3.0 right now. I think the 12-1 setup was very easy. The dual dizzy's actually make it easier because you don't have to have a #1 cylinder indicator due to the even firing and injection of the engine.

Here is my .msq file. It was built for MS-I on 29y4 firmware. This is a rough tune. I have since made changes and smoothed out everything, but it will run off of this.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email.

Watty

hi japlish
i am in toowoomba also and am using a 36-1 wheel and edis8 i plan to toss the twin dissy setup and run coil packs. i plan on fitting it all up in the next couple of weeks. i also have some spare trigger wheels to fit in between the balancer and cambelt pulley if you are interested
neil

I have a 1uz running on MS-I v3.0 right now. I think the 12-1 setup was very easy. The dual dizzy's actually make it easier because you don't have to have a #1 cylinder indicator due to the even firing and injection of the engine.

Here is my .msq file. It was built for MS-I on 29y4 firmware. This is a rough tune. I have since made changes and smoothed out everything, but it will run off of this.

Hope this helps. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me an email.

Watty

Can you write more details on your setup: sensors used, wiring and final tuning file..​
Thanks​

hi japlish
i am in toowoomba also and am using a 36-1 wheel and edis8 i plan to toss the twin dissy setup and run coil packs. i plan on fitting it all up in the next couple of weeks. i also have some spare trigger wheels to fit in between the balancer and cambelt pulley if you are interested
neil
sounds good neil, i have just found out that i'm missing my crank angle sensor so i may need to go down the same route as you! who made the wheels for you?

Attachments

• PIC000022.jpg
    PIC000022.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 73