Standalone ECU megasquirt basics

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ali4x4

hey,
daft question time :eek: i'm fitting a 1uz to a LJ70 land cruiser and want to use megasquirt, i figure that i want the basic system as its just for an off roader so ms1 with edis wasted spark , and i think i need a trigger wheel which i can make from a universal one, crank sensor, coolant sensor, air temp sensor, and an o2 sensor

questions are do i run 1 or 2 o2 sensors?
i take it the missing tooth goes at TDC piston 1 on the bang stroke?
do i need a throttle position sensor?
I read that GM sensors are compatable with MS, so if i go down the breakers and whip the temperature sensors, o2 sensors and crank sensor from a petrol vauxhall will they work?

when i get all the wires to the right place, connect the battery, stick the key in and turn it.... will it fire? or do i need to program data into the box of tricks?

sorry if this seems like i'm not trying to look for the information myself.

cheers much,
Ali

i think i'v got it now anyway
so here just incase its any use to some one
shopping list :-

1uzfe
megasquirt ms2 extra ecu
100mm trigger wheel
air temp sensor
water temp sensor
o2 sensor
crank sensor
edis8 module
2x edis coil packs

and i'v found if i buy it from www.extraefi.co.uk and specify what engine its for it'll come with a kinda generic map all set up just to get it running

Wow devojet thats the most informative ms setup I've seen so far. I too want to run ms and have been a little hesitant due to the lack of support. Very nice to know that others are running it now. Do you know of any other info sources out there for the ms to 1uz set up want to get as much knowledge as possible before i dive into it. thanks

I have been using VQ30 Nissan coils for 2 years now. They have worked out well and they are very plentiful in the local junk yards near me for less than $5 each. They to have built in ignighters so the ms2 only needs to trigger them.
I have spent lots of time fighting with the stock crank trigger and now plan on trying the Hall effect trigger from DIYautotune.