Standalone ECU Megasquirt based A341E Transmission controller

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

devojet

I have recently been working on my Megasquirt set up for my 1uzfe in my hot rod. I have built a transmission controller for it as well which is based on a Megasquirt 2 daughter card and uses a new transmission firmware. The Megasquirt and trans controller comunicate via a CAN bus which is built into the Megasquirt.

The Transmission controller is fully programable and works in full auto mode. The following picture shows it set up on the bench for testing. I will post more details when I get it running.

Here is a link about the Transmission Firmware that was written buy James Murray. I have been helping James with bench testing the firmare. The firmware was origonally written for GM 4L60E gearboxs and a Microsquirt but has since been modified to also control the A341E gearboxs. I currently have it working on the bench so I just need to wait untill I get the Hot rod running before I can do any real testing.

http://www.jsm-net.demon.co.uk/trans/

Im intrested in if this could be used to control one of the 6 speed autos in a full manual mode useing paddels to shift.

If you can find the details of the gearbox, then I can tell you if it is possible. I would need to know how many solinoids it uses and how they need to be controlled, what sensors there are, how the gear selector works, etc.

Devojet,

I read some of your posts in megasquirt forums about the MS and 1UZFE. How close are you with this unit? I think the fully assembly MS V2 is about $450 and I would to find a local installer to get it to work. What type of ignition u r running?

I building a hot rod, so far I have the rolling chassis with engine and drivetrain all installed. To get the engine going I need to do the fuel system, cooling system and exhausts. oh and the wiring. I have built and modified the Megasquirt, I just need to do the wiring loom. I have the factory loom all striped and ready to go, just need to sit down and do it. I'm hoping to have a driving chassis in a month or two, but it is amazing how long the little things take to do.

For ignition I'm using the factory set up including the igniters and running the MS2 extra firmware. To do this I had to add an extra circuit for the CAM triggers and modify the LED outputs to drive the factory igniters.

Installing a Megasquirt is not that difficult. It's a pitty you don't live closer to me as I would be happy to help you with yours. I do plan to document what I am doing once I know it works, although I don't see any reason it wont work.

Cheers

Daniel.

i have been reading about the MS, MJ, and all the different revision for 5yrs, i am glad to see it can finally be done without EDIS, not that its bad, but what could be better than retaining stock parts when it come to ignition.
also, is there any chance you have any kind of info on the parts you changes to make it work? like an appended schematic?
thanks

I still haven't run the engine from MS yet, but don't see any reason why it won't work the way I plan. Once I know my set up works on the engine and transmission, I plan to document what I have done and will post it for all to see.

Cheers
Daniel

that would be great, the EDIS stuff is what has kept me from doing it, if thats gone then all i am waiting on is money...a motor, and more money....

checking in to see what the latest is with the trans controller, any new news?

that would be great, the EDIS stuff is what has kept me from doing it, if thats gone then all i am waiting on is money...a motor, and more money....

wonder why you would not want EDIS?? cap and rotor are a royal pain to get to, plus expensive to replace and as they degrade/age your engine performance goes down hill. plus ease of tuning going fwd with MS has to be a benefit

There is no more news on the trans controller. Work on the Hot rod has been progressing very slowly. I have had it running on the bench but that is as far as its gone. If you have a use for one I could send you the info to build one if you don't mind testing it yourself.

Cheers

Daniel.

will need it soon, but still have a ways to go. have the remote oil filter assy for the 1uz ordered and due in around 2 wks, have some feelers out for machining the parts for the 341 output yoke adapter so I can get the driveline hooked up, still need to plumb fuel and exhaust. replace timing belt and install the 36-1 lextreme wheel.

either way I'd be happy to help out/support your efforts any way I can.