M112 Manifold Mod 2

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LP1

I thought I’d start a new thread as I have made some improvements to the M112 manifold and install with the second build. Vehicle is a 93 SC which has the cold start injector. Please refer to the original thread under Forced Injection Projects, M112 sc400 to get up to speed.

There were two problem areas encountered with the original build. The interference of the M112 attachment legs with fuel injectors and the subsequent misalignment of the injectors forced outboard by the fuel rail mounting tabs. The second was the amount of fabrication effort to move the water bridge.

Attachments

• M112 Mod 2.jpg
    M112 Mod 2.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 340
Manifold

It’s hard to tell from this first picture but the injectors lean out by about 5 degrees on the original build. The solution was to offset the M112 slightly to the right (about ½” shown in second picture) and to shorten the mounting tabs on the fuel rails. The third picture shows the M112 with fuel rails installed. Fuel injector alignment is perfect. Had a mis-queue with the welder and the mounting tabs were not moved to the optimal position.

Attachments

• Fuel rails installed.jpg
    Fuel rails installed.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 229
  • Offset manifold.jpg
    Offset manifold.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 246
  • Offset M112.jpg
    Offset M112.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 213
Water Bridge

The water bridge was modified this time and didn’t require a full remanufacture. Essentially the back is cut out and lowered by about ¾” to allow the SC to move forward. The thermostats neck no longer needs to be modified. First picture shows the fabrication, the second shows a comparison to a stock water bridge and the third shows it installed. The top temperature sensor is real tight to the SC and will require removing all/some of the plastic connector likely going with a straight blade type connector.

Attachments

• Water Brige Fabrication.jpg
    Water Brige Fabrication.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Modified and Stock Water Bridge.jpg
    Modified and Stock Water Bridge.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Water bridge M112 manifold.jpg
    Water bridge M112 manifold.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 182
Cold Start

The cold start injector fits nicely in the EGT port of the M112 (first picture). You can use the original fuel supply hose by cutting off some of the alignment tabs on the hose. It seems to run rich on start so the cold start is probably supplying too much fuel in conjunction with the larger injectors. The fuel rail interconnect pipes were cut, flared and a piece of soft FI hose was used to ease installation. We also went with an aftermarket fuel regulator so that it would be responsive to boost and mounted it next to the brake boost (you can see it in the first picture). We easily modified the existing fuel return pipe which you can see in the prior picture. The biggest benefit to the modified water bridge is the aesthetics. All the trim covers can be modified easily to give a nice stock look. Next step is to fix up the tune as it is dopey at mid throttle and low boost. No problem with full throttle!

Attachments

• Cold start.jpg
    Cold start.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 159
  • M112 installed.jpg
    M112 installed.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 179
Throttle Body Manifold

The throttle body manifold was made from 3” id thick wall round tubing. My first manifold blended the M112 throttle body manifold with the tubing to accept the Lexus throttle body. Subsequent manifolds were made from new materials, I have used the M112 throttle body mounting flange before but I’m not sure it’s worth the effort. The tab on the side is to mount the IAC and provide a perch for the stock throttle cable/transmission kick down bracket.

Attachments

• IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    178.6 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_0178.jpg
    IMG_0178.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 151
This is an awesome mod and thread, especially it's a successful M112 on the SC400. I hope more SC4 will have a M112 on it. What boost are you running? Do you have any belt wear-out issue?

You should think about making a kit minus the supercharger out of this as well. Keep the price down, and I'm positive a lot of people will be interested in it. Simplicity and cost effective.

Boost

It will build up to around 8 psi on the 3.3" pulley but typically hitting 5 to 6 psi. No belt wear issues, it's a daily driver but I haven't put a whole bunch of miles on it yet.

M112 Supercharger Kit

I have built supercharger manifold kits for others, the challenge is that it is all custom fabrication. I need the stock lower intake manifold, the front water bridge and the fuel rails to modify and make the kit. It's significanlty cheaper than the Richwood manifold but not as pretty. The kit provides all of modified pieces to make the M112 fit the SC 400 but takes about 4 weeks to complete.

Attachments

• M112 SC Kit.JPG
    M112 SC Kit.JPG
    183.6 KB · Views: 182
What is the best. Way to go thoug. Once you have inturnals on the 2uz. Turbo, procharger with the lextreme bracket. Or how much would the m112 manifold run me$

I have built supercharger manifold kits for others, the challenge is that it is all custom fabrication. I need the stock lower intake manifold, the front water bridge and the fuel rails to modify and make the kit. It's significanlty cheaper than the Richwood manifold but not as pretty. The kit provides all of modified pieces to make the M112 fit the SC 400 but takes about 4 weeks to complete.

Nice work man!! This will get the guys attention to M112 SC.

8 PSI on a stock >> half day to fix == great idea

What is the best. Way to go thoug. Once you have inturnals on the 2uz. Turbo, procharger with the lextreme bracket. Or how much would the m112 manifold run me$

I20, I think you've set a new record for spelling & punctuation errors; I counted at least 7 in your message!

We have people here who type better than this and English is their 3rd language!

Please get off that dam cell phone and type the words correctly :) We have been known to boot people for too much ghetto & text grammar.

"Realy". That's how you treat people. What the hell is wrong with you. I happen to be dyslexic, and I'm sorry if that's. " sooo" much of an issue for you. Why don't you grow up, quit trying to be a hard ass, and help people That come to this site for answers.

"Realy". That's how you treat people. What the hell is wrong with you. I happen to be dyslexic, and I'm sorry if that's. " sooo" much of an issue for you. Why don't you grow up, quit trying to be a hard ass, and help people That come to this site for answers.

OK, I'll try to address each of your points:

1. What's wrong with me? Frankly, I'm sick of people, (kids on cell phones, mostly) who can't spell and can't use proper grammar or punctuation to compose a single meaningful sentence. As I said before, there are people on this board whose native languages are Arabic, Norwegian, Chinese, etc., and they write and compose better English than many of the American kids who are on here.

2. So you're dyslexic? Well that's probably a good reason why you can't spell or use proper punctuation. It's certainly a better reason than most can claim, which is simply crass stupidity.

3. Grow up? Unfortunately as I'm nearly 61 years old, and have had two heart attacks already, it's doubtful I'll be doing much more growing up. That's probably the root of "my" problem, however. I'm a boomer, and my generation was the last to have to write reports in longhand and/or on a typewriter, so we were pretty careful to do them correctly, else we'd have to redo everything.

4. A hardass? Absolutely, about some things. Not helping people? First, take a look at some of my posts, and then you might want to rethink that statement.

But you're looking for ANSWERS and that's one of the major things you and many others are doing wrong; not just here, but as you go through life. You should be trying to gain KNOWLEDGE, not just looking for answers.

Well unfortunately I don't have a tone of money to wast, I'm not 60 years old, and I don't drive around in Ferrari while I criticize everyone for making mistakes.

Yes I'm Young And looking for answers. So I came to a "forum". Which is why we have them.

I'm sorry your such a bitter person

Last edited by a moderator: