Ls400 timing work. Car cranks but won't start. Need help!!! INTAKE BACKFIRE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Noahrich777

Hello, this is my fist post here. I drive a 1990 LS400.
Here is the story. My car in the past has ran great I've kept up with maintenance and only had to repair small things here and there. So one afternoon I got in my car started up fine and jumped a light going pretty fast (on cold engine) and when I let off the gas it was running very bad like a misfire or something else. I immediately took it to my garage and starting troubleshooting. After a little looking I noticed my drivers side cam gear was off about 2 teeth so I figured this is the problem and it probably was. So I started dissasembling and after 2 days of work on that and getting the crank at TDC and cams lined up with the back plates I put it all back together. During this job I also replaced all 8 spark plugs and ignition rotors. After assembling everything together when I try to crank it it will try to crank but won't start. Also will backfire smoke out the intake which doesn't seem correct. I removed covers again to double check firing order and check if the timing notches all line up and look about half a tooth off very slight. But still should turn over and run even like that just not perfect. Very lost at this point and some help would really be appreciated. This car is my daily and without it I am screwed so any help at all will be help.

Maybe double check the rotors. When crank is at TDC and cam marks are aligned the rotors also have marks which they align to on their housing. Maybe put up some photos of the alignment marks for us the view.

There are screws they only go on one of two ways I will show pictures later when I get the chance there are two screws that attach them, also any chance there is a problem with the cam position sensors. If they need to be aligned.

I've been told the rotors only go in one way and yet I've found quite a few in wrong. Did another one the other day.

Cam sensors are fixed but it's not uncommon for the front loom to have issues. It only needs on functioning cam sensor to start.

Yeah even though the timing looks right I still feel it's timing related because it just would make sense, saw another forum where another guy had my same problem and the backplate lined up with the wrong marking but all I can see is one notch to line it up with.