low boost turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tappet

hey guys finished my hilux, goes great here is a video and pic.

wanting to set it up with a low boost turbo as it is a skid car i do not need much boost its more of a novelty

is it possible to set it up with a small turbo that spools up quickly and run the standard ecu as getting it to a dyno to tune a stand alone requires a lot of traveling.

Test skid here
https://youtu.be/rpOdMDiNVaI

Attachments

• carl1.jpg
    carl1.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 15
You don't want small as it will be hard to control the boost then. Fir what you are doing one of those cheap as chips eBay T70s would be ideal. 6 psi and fatten o,your torque curve nicely

It's been done plenty of times.....not my cup of tea but can work. Rising rate reg is needed. For skidz only it should be enough

Last edited by a moderator:
I have custom made headers that face forward, will use t70 turbo, rising rate regulator, 40mm wastegate. Is there any benefit in an intercooler at 6lb boost?
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

A mate used to run low boost twin turbo setup on his vvt 1uz, with factory management
Although peak airflow jumped from ~200 to ~250 gm/sec according to techstream software, and everyone did feel the difference, he could not get it running properly and finally gave up.

A mate used to run low boost twin turbo setup on his vvt 1uz, with factory management
Although peak airflow jumped from ~200 to ~250 gm/sec according to techstream software, and everyone did feel the difference, he could not get it running properly and finally gave up.
I know the standalone is the way to go but living in Far North Queensland getting the car to a tuner is a real pain in the ass. I can do the fabrications myself up here in the sticks so I would like to try and have a little fun with a turbo build if its possible.

Regarding the high comp ratio, the mate I was referring to ran 4th gen LPG and 95 octane, tried 98 octane with consistently poor results (spurious power loss upon acceleration)

Water / meth injection helps but doesn't help if injectors are way too small.. Just helps keep Pistons living, detonation away .