Looking to go turbo and have tuning questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

maynanator

Hey, I'm thinking about selling one of my other projects and using the money to put into my sc400. I Had a few questions before I do it. Mostly wiring, ecu selection and coil on plug conversion.

Firstly, does anyone make a plug and play ecu still? If not does anyone have a wiring loom service or off the shelf harness kit?

Second, what ecu would ya'll recommend? I know a bunch of tuners that will tune with aem but I've heard a lot of so so info on their quality. So a good match between tuner network and quality would be great.

and last, what all will I need to do a coil on plug conversion?

Sorry if some of these have been beaten to death but I couldn't find any solid answers.

Firstly, does anyone make a plug and play ecu still? If not does anyone have a wiring loom service or off the shelf harness kit?

Second, what ecu would ya'll recommend? I know a bunch of tuners that will tune with aem but I've heard a lot of so so info on their quality. So a good match between tuner network and quality would be great.

and last, what all will I need to do a coil on plug conversion?

Sorry if some of these have been beaten to death but I couldn't find any solid answers.

Hey Maynanator,
Sorry It looks like everybody has been staying away from this. I'm not the best person to answer your post but I thought I would at least try and respond.

1)I don't think so. Not with in reason. I'm sure enought money can buy anything, but I may be wrong. I'm not sure which platform/motor you are working with, but Toyota uses a lot of stuff over multiple families. The UZ and JZ motors share a lot, so maybe.

2) The thing I think you will get with an aftermarket ECU is not so much the unit itself, but the tuner that will make the big difference. If you are going to an aftermarket ECU I would be looking for race, and wide open throttle. It is basically simple to tune for wide open throttle. It is not easy to tune for drivabilty. No tuner is going to be able to beat Toyota. Toyota spends lots of time, money, and talent to make sure the motor runs it best along all rpm bands under all types of loads. after changing some parts a tuner at your performance shop can probably get more max performance out of the motor, but you will give up driveability. make sure you are willing to have that sacrafice. your local tuner will not make the drivabilty better with an aftermarket ECU. your mom, girlfriend will no longer like riding in the car. LOL

I can't help with the C.O.P. conversion. sorry.

Hope I was some help.
I'm trying to give a little bit of reality. not be a downer :-/

One option would be to use an LSx ECU and loom.

You would need to sort out a reluctor wheel (GM sell them for under $20.00) but this would give you drivability and all a tuner would need to do is basically back down the injector pulse time. You would need to use all GM sensors, throttle body and MAF.

If you PM Sideshow on here he may be able to throw some light on it as he has done this on various engines.