Looking inside a 1UZ ecu

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

Same concept can be applied to 4.0 vvti ECUs as these run Toshiba CPUs as well (more advanced ones, but still with OTP memory onboard, OTP means non-reprogrammable)

Without any noticeable improvements for stock hardware either

Impossible without hardware mod. made to stock ECU
That's for any 1UZ-FE

However UZS17x feature reprogrammable transmission control. That doesn't mean anyone already did it. It's just about the hardware that features one processor with flash memory

Can you do that?

A hardware mod on the stock ECU so it can be programmable?
To get higher RPMs and such?

Not worth it at all with 1UZ. 2nd hand Japanese ECU with such mods are offered at about 350.000 yen, while offering very moderate improvements.

It's much easier done with 3UZ ECU, however the amount of discovered maps is more suitable for stock or slightly modified engine

Hey George, what if you are looking to modify the timing maps on a 1UZ ecu? Is this possible. The majority of what is being talked about on the previous thread is a little over my head. I'm having trouble following it.
I have a boosted 1UZ using a stock ECU, and adding additional fuel through a second system (2nd set of injectors, tank, lines, and fuel)
I'm currently still running the stock timing, and kind of relying on the E85 to help with detonation.
Is this something I should be looking more into?
Thank, Bob

Hi Bob!
It's not possible without hardware mods made to stock ECU
The processors inside stock ECU are one-time programmable. They can run from external memory though, but making them do that involves installing some expensive custom device inside.
In other words, not worth it

Gotcha, Thanks George. I got real excited for a hot minute. Its still pretty exciting stuff. I know I can control the timing with a couple MSD programing timing controllers, and a couple 6AL boxes but the cost for 2 sets get to be expensive. So far I haven't had any issues while I'm adding the E85, but it's aleways in the back of my head.

Has anyone tried some home made pc based replacement controller? The difficult thing would be figuring out how to tie in all the optional things like ABS and Trac etc. On the old 1990 style ecu's.