Lextreme Changes / Requests

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I have taken over for David as webmaster of Lextreme. I have already made a large scale update of Lextreme. Please let me know problems with the update and other changes you would like to see.

Richard

Richard, are you the same "Brain" that has been supporting this forum for years? Upgrade looks great & everything I've used so far is working well.

This ought to be obvious, but where is the "settings" page that allows you to customize certain things in your profile? For example, when viewing a thread, I'd prefer to see the latest message at the top. Currently it's displaying the oldest message first.

Great story the forums might live again. All works fine for me right now. Alerts fixed, URL from main page to the forums fixed.

@cribbj I am a different brain. Did you find the settings page? Go to the upper right hand corner and click on your username.
@George_R Thank you.

I could help if you think it is a good idea to consolidate boards. Some such "Group Purchase" have not seen activity in years. Sometimes it is nice to clean up the board list to simply things.
I will also likely try to integrate the static content on the main site into the forums to simply navigation and layout.

Suggestions and bug reports are welcome.

Integrating of Tech articles from the main site would be nice.

I could probably help with more wiring diagrams.

You may like the idea of sharing official repair manuals. techinfo.toyota.com has them, and lexus-doc.ru has a free copy of 89-00 ls400 manuals

Good day
I was wondering since you don't sell any of the products any more if anyone has the 1uzfe vortech v2 fish bracket in a DXF file so that I can get it cut here in Namibia, I'm willing to pay for it, I just feel it's stupid to pay more for the shipping then the bracket itself... I actually tried to purchase a bracket from supra store last year... After a month wait they still hadn't shipped it so I cancelled my order...I would really appreciate it.

@cribbj I am a different brain. Did you find the settings page? Go to the upper right hand corner and click on your username.

When I "hover" above my Username, I get a popup box that lets me view/change some of my profile & preferences information, however if I click on my Username, instead of hovering, I get an error message that I don't have permission to view this page or perform this action. And no, I haven't been able to find the page/settings to invert the message order yet.

@cribbj How about now? I usually have permissions issues when I do an update like this. You shouldn't get that error anymore...

Yep, that fixed the error message, thanks.

What about inverting the message order in threads? With the old software, that used to be one of the personal preferences that users could change. I like to see the newest messages at the top of the threads.

Ok. I have added newest post first as option. Click on your username and then in the popup menu "Perferences". There is a dropdown list where you can choose Newest Post First or Oldest Post First.

What should be the default for everyone?

Would it be possible to have a Preview button alongside the Submit button?

Most Forums allow you to see what your Post will look like before you actually submit it.

This allows you to correct errors and see how photos appear in the Post.

If you click on "More Options" then you get the full reply box with a preview function.