keys interchangeable 1uz vvti?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mattsa77

hi all, this is my first post, was hoping I wouldn't have to and annoy you all, I thought I had done enough research but obviously not. I have gone and bought a 98 1uz vvti with a 5 speed auto out of a Toyota celsior from Ichiban in Sydney. After I had specifically asked if the loom was complete and told scott there that it was going into a 92 hilux surf I bought it sight unseen (I live 400 klms away). well the ecu is missing the white and grey plugs (all other wiring and plugs that go to the engine and trans are there) and also the key and ignition barrel+key amplifier are missing. now the question is can I get a key+barrel+amplifier from any celsior and the key will "relearn" the ecu or do I need the original (which is in a scrap yard in japan)? what are my chances of getting grey and white plugs for the ecu? im sure no ones gonna sell me half a loom? Does anyone have a solution or have I gone and bought a $1700 coffee table? I'm a bit of a dummy when it comes to wiring so scott at venom is gonna handle the wiring. I will attempt adapting the transfer to the 5 speed auto after some research, machining and welding a plate to the bellhousing wont be a problem any help would be appreciated
cheers
matt

There are several immo bypass options around the world now. I do one but for Oz I would suggest Jim at Sideshows wiring unless Venom can do it. The other plugs are generic to other toyota models , similar year corolla , altezza and camry to name a few. Pins can be popped to swap wires around. I prefer to wire up the factory shifter too as they work so well in a 4x4 situaton. There are options for setting up a switch for locking the converter too for some engine brakeing on downhills. Somewhere there are photos of a V-cross Isuzu I did with this setup(VVti 1uz,5 speed auto swapped to 4x4 , now supercharged) Swapping the 5 speed over to 4x4 takes some time but well worth it , I've done a few now. Cheers

Thanks gloverman, I seen youre post with the v-cross and I'll give it a go. What is the one way bearing at the back of the trans? My guess is its some sort of hill start assist system. Shall I keep that and the 12 pulse speed sensor and delete the 2 pulse from the surf? Do they do the same job? Looks like i'll need to machine off where the 2 pulse sensor mounts anyway. did you use a 16 or 20mm ally plate to weld to the transfer bellhousing? did you delete the seal and bearing out of the back of the 5 speed to let oil into the bellhousing and rely on seal and bearing at the back of bellhousing? I was planning on machining a spigot on the back of trans and boring a matching hole on inside of ally plate to take an o ring and seal the connection externally, sound about right? Thanks for your help

You need to retain the one way clutch in the back of the box, If you want the 5 speed auto to work correctly it needs the stock speed sensor not the surf one. We kept the rear bearing and seal so no oil into the tranfer bell. I have researched casting a new adaptor but lack of demand meant that never went ahead. The V-cross still goes well , including a bit of offroading.