Jibby's Dyno results.....

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Well guys I finally got it done...also found out my piggy back ECU (Apexi) was dead and I have been running on the stock ECU setting for probably more then a year...Unbelievable...

N/A Dyno with "stock ECU" only -

201whp and 220 torque

With a Dead nos bottle I put out 248whp and 294 torque...I can double that shot...I was reading 700psi when I usuallly am heated and juiced at 1200PSI...I forgot to install the new nos bottle, ooooopppsss That was nice to see...

Two things I learned today....

The stock 1992 SC400 ECU runs the motor slightly rich at factory settings. Luckily that was great for my nos system.....Anyone Can run easily 100-150hp shot with just the stock ECU only..

Also - Nos creates alot of Torque and I went from 220 to 294 on maybe just a little more then half my usual nos shot...

In conclusion - I was hoping to have a functioning piggy back ECU and dyno at 220Whp, not a chance....I may see 210whp and 230 torque when fine tuned...According to the tuner himself... I guess those are good numbers for a 1992 N/A sc400.....

Lastly I do not have a scanner so these are a few blurry pic's of the dyno sheets I got today...

The 193whp you see was our first dyno result with the A/C on by mistake...Second A/C off and showed better results at 201whp..

This is a pic of my disconnected and dead Apexi ECU piggy back...Sending it back to Apexi..... Going with the Split Second or AEM units ASAP....That addtion should make those dyno numbers increase a bit...

I, personally, wouldn't touch SS's FTC-1 piggyback with a 10 foot pole. Way overpriced, under functioned & doesn't tune live. 200whp is right on track for the neighboorhood around 260bhp. Looks good to me jibby.

It's nice to see what the A/C takes too LoL! Hey! Now you can compair top speed in 4th gear with & without the windows up, check the aerodynamic drag & tell us which one sucks more power at 150mph! LoL!

Thanks Toys & V8toy, and yes the A/C does draw some horsepower...I was really hoping for better numbers, but it is what it is...Stock new they are rated at 186whp and 250bhp... After 14 years there is considerable drop off with horsepower I guess...Complete exhaust, deleted hydro pump, Intake and electrical I was hoping to see a little better then a 15whp increase from stock (new)...Well maybe it will be 25whp or so more with a good ECU management system..

I definetely want to choose an ECU management system that I won't have any later regrets. I know I am displeased with the APexi S-AFCII that can only break or alter and adjust the fuel/air mix only...Need timing too...Choices I need to consider - Split Second, AEM, SMT6 or 7...Need to decide.

Seriously considering a single garrett turbo setup after witnessing and driving in Lex's LS400 turbo today.....It appears to be a very simple setup and very effective setup while dishing out 400whp...

Toys why do hate the Split Second? It does fuel and timing..and can work fine with a turbo setup..? Curious as to why you say this?

Jibbby,

Who disconnected your Apexi? Whoever did it should have told you. He or she could of have mess up your motor. Who would do something like that and not tell the customer?

Well that would be TM Engineering and Todd whom I no longer do busisness with for over a year now...It is a dead unit...Unbelievable.. I paid $500 for that item installed too...I am starting to get upset...please stay on topic...Ha Ha....

Curious has anyone seen a stock internal early year 1uz-fe SC400/SOARER dyno higher then mine? I want to know if I am where I should be with this dyno result....

Toysrme said:
I, personally, wouldn't touch SS's FTC-1 piggyback with a 10 foot pole. Way overpriced, under functioned & doesn't tune live. 200whp is right on track for the neighboorhood around 260bhp. Looks good to me jibby.

It's nice to see what the A/C takes too LoL! Hey! Now you can compair top speed in 4th gear with & without the windows up, check the aerodynamic drag & tell us which one sucks more power at 150mph! LoL!
SMT7 would be a good choice but I dont know anyone around here have the skill to install it or tune it. I would like to see 100 shot of NOS next time....

Thanks Lex, Toys already answered my questions..Drrrrr......was looking for a little more input though...

How about the AEM replacement ECU...Works great on the Supra's so how about the 1UZ's?....It is a plug in unit from what Chris said at DRS and he told me it is a plug N play and can be worked off any laptop....and is the best from what he has worked with?

I don't think so. The AEM is not a plug and play unit for the SC400 (1uzfe). I think he misunderstand the difference between 300 vs 400.

Great numbers Jibby!! I believe you have one of the best N/A dynos in the US for your SC400...Peter Scott in Aus is much higher, but he has reground cams...

Would have liked to see your NOS shot at 100 or 150...

BAsed upon some of your kill stories, you are doing quite well with your SC. I expect the TQ helps yhou out quite a bit, especially in the low end...How is your hook up? Good traction?

Boy, I can't wait to see what happens when I get mine running....I am expecting at least 375 RWHP and 400 TQ on Stage 1, maybe a little better...

Ryan

Lextreme said:
I don't think so. The AEM is not a plug and play unit for the SC400 (1uzfe). I think he misunderstand the difference between 300 vs 400.
What David said....

A few of us have a custom configuration file that AEM did for the 1UZ, and it should work, once we've rewired the engine harness for the extra (2) injectors, coil packs, etc. The AEM is really setup to control a 2JZ-GTE six cylinder motor in a Supra chassis, so getting it to control a 1UZ V8 in a Lexus chassis wouldn't be quite PnP.

AFAIK, those of us using it currently are all people who are putting a 1UZ in the Supra chassis.

jibbby said:
Curious has anyone seen a stock internal early year 1uz-fe SC400/SOARER dyno higher then mine? I want to know if I am where I should be with this dyno result....
It's not a SOARER but my unopened 1990 crown 1UZ ran 214rwhp.
External mods AUTRONIC SMC, EXTRACTORS, twin MSD6AL ignition.

This engine ran 13.7@99mph in about 1300kg car, stock auto, street tyres

Thanks for the info and perks fellas...I am starting to feel a little better today about my dyno results..I was very dissapointed yesterday.......Fugly that 214rwhhp is most likely going to beat out my numbers even after a tuning ECU is installed but should be close, good job..

What I don't understand is why am I beating out cars like the 280bhp infinity G35's consistently without the nos.. 350Z's...etc...(pre headers too 0-60mph)I can take them N/A with the headers out right all the way.....I guess the tc, light weight setup, gearing, wheels, exhaust etc..all contribute to my street race success...With the nos (at full strength) I hang with about all the new sports cars, and even beat most... I look forward to posting my quarter mile times. Maybe that will be more impressive then my dyno results...200whp is nothing and crap as far as I am concerned.......

Also my next weeks dyno with the new ECU management and final tune will definetely show the full potential of my nos shot...These numbers will be better..especially those torque numbers.....

Fugly- can you be so kind as to talk in detail about those external mods of yours? How each mod helped you reached the 215rwhp mark?...Extractors, ign...etc.. I do not have these mods of yours.. I didn't think the MSD's made a difference on these N/A motors...Autronic SMC?...How do extractors help? Love some info on this....

Cams will make the biggest difference on these N/A motors, that is the one vital mod I am missing out on....

jibbby said:
What I don't understand is why am I beating out cars like the 280bhp infinity G35's consistently without the nos.. 350Z's...etc...(pre headers too 0-60mph)I can take them N/A with the headers out right all the way.....I guess the tc, light weight setup, gearing, wheels, exhaust etc..all contribute to my street race success...With the nos (at full strength) I hang with about all the fancy sports cars, and even beat most... I look forward to posting my quarter mile times. Maybe that will be more impressive then my dyno results...200whp is nothing and crap as far as I am concerned..........
Your Torque is helping, even at no NOS, you have 30 or so foot lbs more than a stock SC400. And, the TQ Converter is helping you as well. If you have a shift kit, that is helping you as well.

Also, the other guys may not know how to drive...

Ryan

jibby i know your dissapointed but you really shouldn't be. You have essentially gained 20rwhp from shorty headers and exhaust so that makes 25hp for a good exhuast, not bad! Look at the planet soarer dynos, few make it to 200rwhp. Another thing about the tuning. I do not think the s-afcII is bad for this job, actually i think it may be perfect, i suspect it just wasn't installed correctly. I am going to refer you to a link on club lexus that you actually posted on in which a guy in california gained 32rwhp with a s-afc really cheap installed for $150 and a dyno and tune for $125. The shop he has listed that did this is Darren at R&D dyno (310) 516-003 ( i think that number is missing some digits you might just want to look it up) and Todd at Tm (which i know you had problems with) did refer him there, he seemed to be happy. Hopefully you s-afc still works and was just wired wrong so maybe for a low price you could pick up an honest 10-15rwhp or more.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213175&page=1&pp=15

Ryan - I hear you, and the Precision Dragon Torque Converter is helping out the most.. 0-60mph.. Also, my friends G35 Infinity that I have raced many times is a two door manual in perfect running condition that he the driver can drive to perfection...We use to canyon race years back and he can work the manual trannies for sure...I have drove his car myself several times and I am no slouch either.. my SC is just a little quicker...Raced neck and neck with two different 350Z without the juice...Stay with the 4.6L 90's model Mustangs all day long without the juice..I don't think it is the drivers of the other cars...It is what it is.....

WD - THanks for the input....I want to be able to retard the timing at higher rpm's especially if I get the cams in combination with the nos......So the Apexi must go I would think....10whp is what most get with ECU tuning from stock on these cars according to the very experienced racing tuner I used yesterday....Smart fellow and I trust his opinons...Thanks again WD......

Also I dyno'd yesterday on a 95 degree hot mid afternoon day and I am sure that doesn't help with cooler air flow intake....I notice my car always runs a bit stronger at night in 50-60 degree weather as apposed to 90-100 degree weather. Should that factor be considered along with the 89 octang fuel I run daily as apposed to the more expensive premium 91 oct?...

man, there's so much HP lost in the drivetrain.

A Manual 10.4:1 1UZ must throw very good numbers.

Those are still good numbers, you're developping the true 250HP or more Stock V8 power.

The reason why you beat 350Z might be that guys don't know how to drive because throwing a SC400 in the low 14 All motor is quite a job.

Toys why do hate the Split Second? It does fuel and timing..and can work fine with a turbo setup..? Curious as to why you say this?
I just think there are better options. And I'm not nessicerialy talking about smt's. (They are most of the time, but besides the point). I've used one on someone else's project before. I would get so annoyed with tuning the thing.
When you're doing a tune on something that needs a big jump in fuel & timing & you're not just needing a ballpark. It's a nightmare with the stop & start, stop & start. And if it's not giving you a headache, it'll give whoever you're paying to have the headache, a headache.

In all honesty, I think their popularity on Toyota's stems only from Gadget's (The famous Toyota v6 tuner) use of them on the 5vz-fe's with the TRD supercharger. He uses their controller on the 7th injector kit & the ftc-1 to do ignition & MAF tweaks to run larger injectors.