Injectors for 500bhp

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chodjinn_mk2

Hi, l've been looking to upgrade my injectors for a turbo 1uz. I know about the 7mge/7mgte and rx7 injectors etc but they're not exactly easy to get hold of here, and I'd rather buy new for peace of mind. Can anyone recommend a set, around 500cc, that bolt right into the standard inlet manifold and standard billet fuel rail please? Will be running standalone and completely new wiring loom, so just need some that physically fit. Thanks

The injectors are a standard sized item. Very few vehicles are now made with different sized/styled injectors.

Easiest way t get what you want is go to an auto electrician or garage and ask for what you want.

As you're buying new they can help you select exactly what you want plus supply the loom tails/plugs to suit them.

Don't forget to use new seals top and bottom.

I've seen people use weld-in bungs or plastic adapters in the inlet manifold for the Bosch EV14 type injectors so they can't just be slotted in? I'm after some firm information of what people have used if at all possible.

Last edited:
Buy a new set of RX7 injectors and be done with it.

If you're running the standard manifold and fuel rails you can't be in need of any more than the 4400cc of the RX7 ones.

I ran 440cc and 21.5psi with an Opcon blower on heavily ported supercharger manifold and ported to the max heads so standard manifold won't pass enough air to need anything bigger.

That's still not answering the query mate, you said any injector will plug in, but that doesn't seem to be the case? The 440cc RX7 injectors are generally seen in pairs second hand and not exactly cheap, so I may as well just buy a complete set of 8 new.

Found these RX7 which seem to be ok,
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181166734329?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

No one can seem to give me a straight answer about using e.g. standard bosch injectors in a standard manifold/rail. Getting quite frustrating!

Last edited:
Most japanese sized injectors will fit. These are longer than the EV items with an 11mm top seal. Early engines run large body so most fit. EV14 are shorter with larger seals so not a direct fit but they can be fitted with suitable sized lower seals and top adaptors. We can purchase kits over here very easily for the UZ. I recented fitted a set of ID1000(ev style) to a 1uz Vvti which run the slim style injectors so the wider units would not work with my chosen manifold without machining. We can also get plenty of sizes over here like mid 500cc genuine ND units.

yeah I've just been speaking to a guy who used ev14 on his latest build. Had bungs welded to the inlet manifold rather than use plastic adapters, and needed an 11mm adapter for the top for the fuel rail. If any wide-body jap injector will physically fit, then that makes things a little easier I suppose. Any thoughts on the injectors in that ebay link? Cheers

The Injectors in the link look fine and price seems good too. Being high impedience means no resistors needed and deadtime sheets to speed up setting up with the ECU. With the EV style injectors we get metal adaptors which work well but they are anodised dumb colours. Around 550 is a good size too as it should leave a little spare duty cycle depending on the afr's you are running. I have one vehicle running 440cc black top 3S/7M injectors laying down 500rwhp and there is very little spare duty left without running excessive fuel pressure.

We have some resources on this site on injector upgrades, but they're kind of hard to find. Try this link: http://www.lextreme.com/diyinjectors.html

Another useful link: http://www.lextreme.com/tech_enginemods.html

And this: http://www.lextreme.com/tech.html

Thanks mate, I have read all those previously and they were very useful, but as I stated above it's a bit of a hassle getting a set of either 7mgte or rx7 injectors here in the UK due to availability (or lack thereof!). By the time I have sourced eight I may as well have bought a brand new set from the US etc., hence my query for what others people have used.

I recently fitted some short ev14 injectors out of a GM LS3 V8 to my early 1uzfe. I used 14mm to 11mm aluminium top hat adaptors. For the bottom I just trimed down the plastic lip on the bottom of the injector and used standard toyota bottom seals.