Help with uxs131 fuel system

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bea_vis

Hi, any help is extremely appreciated.

I recently purchased a LN106 hilux fitted with a 1uz which i have identified as a uzs131.

Today the fuel pump just stoped, after some elimenation i found the relay which has been wired close to the ECU isn't getting power to the centre "B" pin on the 5 pin connector. (think it called the circuit relay?)

So i tried tracing the two black with red stripe wire into the engine bay but they disappear into the loom.

My question, does anyone know were they would run too, fuel pressure switch?

Ive tried tracing it from the wiring diagrams by Russell Koehne, (which by the way are awesome, have bailed me out a few times now!) but cant see where the relay gets its main power from.

efi relays powers up with ignition and powers parts ont he loom
and also the engine ecu and also powers centre pin on circuit opening relay
the circuit opepning relay turns power on to fuel pump only
when cranking or engine is running

Ok thanks sideshow, the centre pi on my circuit open relay has two wires running into the engine bay, So you reckon they shoul come from ignition?

What would the sensore on the motor be?

the black/red is +b wire from efi relay to idle mtoor and auto
and ecu etc etc
look at the diags and u will see where it goes
they come from pin 87 on efi relay

ah so your saying the power in to the circuit opening relay should come from pins 11 & 12 on the 22pin connector!

That would actually make sense! Will have to go and track down why they run into the engine bay then, as the circuit open relay is mounted beside the ecu, in cab.

Na bought it off a fella in sydney about 4months ago. Was on carsales for a while tho. Most of it is actually pretty well done, just a few electrical issues. However most of the problem is me getting my head around what the last guy did!

Thanks again, will check it out and get back to you

yer u have to watch out for those 1uz wiring guys in sydney hahaha

sorry i gace u slight bum steer

ign goes to ecu to ign pin
then ecu turns on 12v output thru mrel pin which goes to efi relay
this turns on battery to +b wires thru motor loom and to ecu and circuit opening relay
its not hard and unfortunately more than 7 wires to hook up
but its the correct way to do it hehehehe

i try not to touch jobs done by others
its either rip it out and start fresh or take it to kebab brothers down the road
and get it sorted heheheheheh

i doubt id ever buy a car with a conversion from a stranger as u r buying
a can of worms
maybe im just over owning a hotted up car heheeheh

Whoever did this one probably did a "Tin 'O' worms" Surf that comes into my shop which was done in Syd, they'd tried to use the Surf auto in it and unless it's manually shifted it has 1st gear followed by a lot of neutrals. Then there's the way the fuel pump is wired up..nasty

hehe
ive spoken to afew people on phone about using surf autos
i guess the idiots dont listen cause i know nothing heheh
i tell them i can fix the surf auto problem but its not cheap
so they hang up and leave it as it is
glad i left sydney to all those dodgey coxs to take care of the void i left
hahahahahaah

Yes they call you, don't like what you have to say then call me and get told the same thing and still do it completely wrong...

Spot on with your last post sideshow.

Found main relay wasnt getting power from battery, cause, a blown fuse. Was a little plastic holder that melted from the current draw i think so will try n find a heavier type fuse holder for it.

Yeah i looked at 1 with an auto and decided i wanted to stay manual.

Thanks for your help guys, these forums sure are invaluable!