Help with hose

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kranky

Hi, got my car back from a tune and this tube was un-attached, where does it go if anywhere? Engine is using a link engine management system.
Top photo is the only thing I could see where it might fit. Problem is I'm not sure if was ever attached anywhere before I dropped it off?

Last edited:
Does the rubber line reach to the nipple on the back of the engine? If you have no other vacuum requirements then both can be blanked off. In stock form the nipple from the Throttle body goes to the purge valve solenoid or VSV (Vacuum switching valve) On the gen one engines such as yours the rear nipple is blanked from factory. I sometimes use then for 4x4 systems if that requires vacuum. If it was tuned like that then you have had two air leaks which could effect the tune.

Yep it reaches the nipple on the back. I tried running the car with it plugged in and it only seemed to make the idle drop, although I didn't drive the car like that. So chances are the hose has been off like that the whole time and I should just leave it be? I'm looking at getting another tubne in a couple months, maybe il get them to block it off then if it's not causing too much drama now..

Does the rubber line reach to the nipple on the back of the engine? If you have no other vacuum requirements then both can be blanked off. In stock form the nipple from the Throttle body goes to the purge valve solenoid or VSV (Vacuum switching valve) On the gen one engines such as yours the rear nipple is blanked from factory. I sometimes use then for 4x4 systems if that requires vacuum. If it was tuned like that then you have had two air leaks which could effect the tune.
Thanks for the reply, please read below.