Project Thread Harrop HTV1900 Supercharger (Eaton TVS) 1999 Hilux Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tuf Lux

Well guys... finally got my joyus experience last week, heading down to Bullet Supercars at Yatala, Qld, Australia to pick up my new supercharger kit for my Hilux ute :dance:
My kit consists of the following items:
* Harrop HTV1900 (Eaton TVS) Supercharger
* Bullet supercharger manifold
* Bullet rear supercharger intake
* Qty 9 - Bosch 968 42lb 440cc Injectors
* Walbro 255lph high pressure intank fuel pump
* Various pipes, fittings, belt, pulleys, etc to suit

So I thought I would take a few pics of my new toy to show you guys, few extra of the supercharger of course seeing as it is only a new design kit. So new infact I am only going to be the 2nd or 3rd person in Aus to be installing this kit so far. Needless to say I am more than willing to be a guinea pig for this kit, haha. Hopefully I will be able to make a start on installing this kit in coming few weeks once we sought out which rear supercharger intake will be required as it appears the one pictured below may foul the clutch master cylinder. So here are the pictures.

Whole supercharger kit assembled:
Supercharger028.jpg
Supercharger024.jpg
Supercharger027.jpg
Supercharger026.jpg
Supercharger025.jpg
Supercharger023.jpg

Rear supercharger intake:
Supercharger011.jpg

Supercharger manifold:
Supercharger010.jpg

Supercharger closeups:
Supercharger035.jpg
Supercharger008.jpg
Supercharger003.jpg
Supercharger007.jpg
Supercharger032.jpg
Supercharger033.jpg

Stay tuned for more pics to come....

Well done, looking good.

One of these chargers is on my list I will be glued to this thread for results.

Is the extra injector on the inlet manifold for water / meth injection?

The porting in the main manifold also looks an improvement.

Well done, looking good.

One of these chargers is on my list I will be glued to this thread for results.

Is the extra injector on the inlet manifold for water / meth injection?

The porting in the main manifold also looks an improvement.

Thank you.. Im sure you wont be disappointed with the purchase when you get one. I am ecstatic and havnt even put it on the car yet, haha. Everything is very good quality and so well made, it is a credit to both companies the products/kits they are producing.

And as for the extra injector, it is infact a boost injector, obviously works when the supercharger is creating boost, it just sprays fuel into the air stream at the intake of the supercharger to help with cooling the rotors as I am not running an intercooler setup, and I imagine also helps with any lean outs, detonation, etc that may occur.

Very nice, thats a clean supercharger, is it considered a Roots type? It almost apears to be a screw typ but not quite? How much boost are you planning to run?

Very nice, thats a clean supercharger, is it considered a Roots type? It almost apears to be a screw typ but not quite? How much boost are you planning to run?

Yeh it is a quiet a nice, tidy design. Yes although it looks very similar to a twin screw, it is still a roots type, just a new and better design. Plan is to be running somewhere around the 8 - 8.5 psi boost mark, it shall certainly liven the mighty hilux up i imagine, haha :tongue:

Well guys... finally got the supercharger all installed and running on the Hilux a couple of weeks back and took it down to Chiptorque at Nerang to get it all dyno tuned last friday. Needless to say, I am extremely happy with the end results.

Ended up putting out a nice 266.7kw (357.65hp) and 540nm (398.28ft lbs) at the wheels. Made this running an 80mm pulley which is making around 9.5psi.

The car is now running great, has made a huge improvement to performance and the power delivery is just so smooth.

Have posted below the previous and current dyno results sheets so you can all compare the difference the HTV1900 has made to the car.

Previous - Naturally Aspirtated
scan0001.jpg

Current - Harrop HTV1900 Supercharged
scan0002.jpg

A very big thank you to Greg and the guys from Bullet Supercars at Yatala for supplying such a great combo and for their help and information all the way through another project. And a thank you also to the guys at Chiptorque for getting it all tuned and running awesome.

I will post a few pictures of the finished product this coming weekend once I clean it up a bit.

Well done, love that graph.

What ecu are you running?

Guess what's on top of my shopping list.

Outstanding result...how's that torque curve for desirable :)

Shows the benefit of the short runner manifold as well

That torque curve is very strong and highly unusual. Peak torque near peak RPM on a mild cam motor? Not certain what is going on here. Maybe the blower is getting closer and closer to its peak efficiency at those air flow rates. Love to see data capture on this engine.

Not to far from what i expected Jbrady...it's the long runner manifold that appears to have the biggest influence on the torque curve. As soon as you ditch that the curve picks up a heap top end, even with the stock cams....i have seen this for n/a, turbo and now a decent twinscrew.

Validates all my stuffing a round with the short runner concept :) I just need to strike the perfect balance

Thanks for all the comments guys, very happy with the results too, well exceeded my expectations.

Well done, love that graph.

What ecu are you running?

Guess what's on top of my shopping list.

Thanx. I am running an Autronic SM4. Thats a good option to have on top of your shopping list, will definitely be the best money you have spent.

nice figures, makes me want to start bolting my charger on.
Have you done much internally to the motor and do you have any pictures of now?

haha, thanx. and the motor is a stock internals import motor, hasnt been touched apart from the boltons. and i will have some pictures of the setup this coming weekend hopefully.

GOD thats a good looking curve, i want this bad. So how much was it again? Im hoping my 95+ will handle 7lbs

yes i know, thats one of the most impressive parts, how much the blower has changed the power and torque curves, and you can certainly notice it too. and the price for this kit is in the link i posted back at the start of the thread to Bullets website, thats pretty much what my kit is apart from a few extras needed to suit to my car.

Well guys, had to take the car back to dyno tuners yesterday as there was a slight problem we found whilst on the dyno last week that we had to fix. Being that we have never had a purge valve between the purge canister and the vacuum line to the motor which we have never had a problem with it before when it was NA. But, for some reason it was an issue this time, the extra vacuum was causing the fuel tank to pressurise which was in turn causing extra fuel at idle, fuel pressure drops, fuel heating up, etc. Was not really an issue as they just blocked the vacuum line off and tuned it from there, but just to be on the safe side we hooked it up and took it back to get checked which turned out to be a good idea as we were also able to screw a little bit more power and torque out of her and ended up with even more smooth power and torque curves.

Here are the results: 272.5kw and around 555nm
scan0003-1.jpg