Standalone ECU Haltech E6k

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BARRY

hi,
has anybody wired a Haltech E6k to the 1uzfe?

I have done plenty of 4cyl engines with all forms of haltechs from E6s's to the E8.

when paired with a v8 i'm a bit confused with the e6k. if anybody could provide guidence for crank pickup wiring and ignitor that would be great. also what injection mode will be supported?

thanks,
barry

that forum is really slow. its usually eaiser for me to just email them than to wait around on that forum.

just wondering if anybody knew the wiring for distributor and ignitors for the e6k setup.

Hve a look at the haltech website,i asked a few questions on there awhile ago about intalling a e6x,it may be still there.My username on the was BT1,that may help on a search.

twas about a 1yr1/2 ago,new forums ay?o well worth a shot.I have install a haltech on mine but for the life of me i cant remeber the settings.

Actually if its a e6k i should have a map and settings for one as i was giving a full tune by my tuner when i bought the computer of him.I sent it to another guy of here but havent heard from him wether it worked or not.

all scott has told me is that the crank trigger is a 24 tooth wheel + 1 home wheel.

and that e6k can only support batch fire if i was to keep the distributor.

i'm sure i can figure out the crank wiring but what about the ignitor stuff?

also, how do i wire a 1uzfe for batch fire? i only have wired 4cyl's up till now so i'm a bit lost.

On ignition output(wiring harness) use ign1 and ign2 to ignitor and connect to number 2 and number 6 on the ignitor.Will need a dual channel ignitor.

I cant remeber firing order but will give a example on how to connect.
Firing order 1278 4563(holden v8).connect 1+4,2+5,7+6,8+3.You can see the the first group af 4(1278)connect to the last group(4563).See how that goes for ya.

Im not sure and i never looked into it,i just got the haltech ones but i suppose its possible.

Attachments

• 124cc.jpg
    124cc.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 8
Ignitors

i cannot use the factory ignitors? if i need a dual channel i'm sure i can use the factory ignitors. there are two of them.

Hmm i have just got my 1uz running on an E6X, im not sure of the differences from that to the E6K but i am running the std ignitors, the injectors are already wired for batch fire if you strip the loom back a bit youll see this. just connect the 4 injector wires to the injector drives.

You're better off with E11 but you have E6 so I guess you want to keep it?? I'm sure my old set up which was twin turbo 5.0 Windsor E6K ran two injectors in batch ?? As in 2x 4 = 8 but it ran hall effect TFI... How you set up where or how it reads off ignition makes alot of difference in how it works and runs.. I kept getting RFI interferance which didn't improve too much when I switched to E11... Seemed better chassis to engine bridging helped ...

Hmm i have just got my 1uz running on an E6X, im not sure of the differences from that to the E6K but i am running the std ignitors, the injectors are already wired for batch fire if you strip the loom back a bit youll see this. just connect the 4 injector wires to the injector drives.

could you tell me how you wired up the crank sensor and ignitors?