fabricating for supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jordys ski boat

here are some photos of me fabricating my manifold to suit an eaton m90 and shortening the bellhousing for the marine gearbox. the 1uzfe manifold is easy to work with i milled the ports as close to the flange as i could to get a flat surface to weld the alum plates to and pressed out some bellmouths to weld into the plates to even out air flow i bit. the only slight problem is you have to roll the bottom plate that joines the two manifolds to miss the starter motor. so all up the manifold costed 160$ and about two days work it was a fun job to do.

Thats so cool. I wish I was handy with a welder. Looks like a great height too, just over the water line.

I didn't know you could weld aluminium like that. The runners are aluminium aren't they?

I'm very impressed

i used a tig for the ports because of the shapes and tite spots you have more control and i mig welded the top and bottom plates because its a colded weld than a tig and there is less distortion the cast ports weld really nice but you have to use cast filler wire or the welds may crack i have got some more photos of the manifold finished i will post them soon thanks.

Damn,,, its nice to have those toys.. I have a MIG at home with two different gases. Stainless and Mild steel. Hopefully i will get one more gas tank for Aluminum.

Jordys, would the aluminum plate on top affect the even distrubution of air coming in? Looks like the middle of both heads/valves are gett more air then the front and rear valves. Would this play an important part as far as the air flow and distrubution?

Have you thought of producing any more of these manifolds. If you did I would be extremely interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
lextreme i know what you are saying about it been off center i would have liked it to be in the center of the ports but there are a few reasons for it 1 is its a tight squeeze under my engine cover and the haetexchanger runs along the back of the manifold just missing the throttle body and 2 is to line up the front pully of the supercharger with the other pullys. i know you can extend the front of the m90 but i didnt. v8 supra is right it wont matter under boost and also thats why i fitted the bellmouths to help even the flow a bit. i will have photos of the finished produced this weekend and i will put them on here. cobra to make another 1 i need the bottom manifold to make it. mine was the first 1st 1 i made and the 2nd wood be alot better and quicker to make because i know what i am doing its a fun job to do and very cheap to make it was about 160$ for alum. and i dont know how much for laber because its not my job its my hobby i dont make money from it but we can work something out thanks for the replys.

I am in Sydney. I have a complete spare 1UZ in the garage so the manifold bottom section is no problem. What model M90 did you make it for?. I have a series 3 M90 of a 2001 American car. Not sure what model.
Send me a PM with your contact details and I will give you a call and we can discuss it further.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordy,

You may have to go into production.

I'm interested in a manifold as well.

Can you PM me some details on cost etc.

I'm also in Sydney.

how do you pm people on this site im not very good on the computer my wife does it all for me its hard to work out how much $ to charge to make a manifold i dont wont to rip anyone off the way we work ware i live everyone does faver for faver. could use pm me your phone number and i will ring yous on the land line

Jordys,

Nice work. Looks like you have to make one and cast the rest. People would love to see more. This is what this site all about. DIY performance for the *UZFE. I am still working on the PM issue. It worked but i think the setup option is disable. We will try to solve this issue asap. Meanwhile take few deep breath....... and relax.

my freind is a toolmaker and he knows a few sand casters i will speak to him and talk about getting my manifold casted it may save a lot of work so if a few people want a manifold we can all work something out with the cost.

Lexurious,

400ZED and I are looking into casting cam blanks.

Looks like we have the engine to get the cams from then we only need someone to cast them and we both have contacts that end.

The big issue is will a cam grinder gring our blanks or will they say no?

Jordys

You should consider making a manifold that will fit the MP112. I really feel the M90 is too small to upgrades in the future. Secondly, the 1UZ crank pulley is only 5.5" and the radiator hose is also in the way of the serpertine belt. Make something for larger supercharger to those who wants to run from 6 psi to 15 psi. I really feel that M90 would max out around 8-9 psi given the engine configuration.

David,
I think the problem with the Eatons is they can't go past 10psi. If you strapped on the 112, I think the airflow at its redline would be pushing air in at 12-14 psi.

Miles,

The M112 (Specifically MP112) in 2003 Cobra can run about 15-16 psi in a 4.6 liters and 8.5:1 compression with about 500 rwhp. I have seen 112 run up to 18 psi in 4.6 liter cobra engine. Therefore for the smaller engine, this blower can generate a lot more boost....