Enigine stalls after starting SC400 V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mickinaus2007

I Have a Lexus SC400 91 (Toyota Quad Cam)
When the car is cold it will start fine and idle ok, smooth and drives fine even when it reaches normal temperature, But if I switch the engine off for a short time (Say when at a Gas station to fill up) it turns over and starts OK then stalls no matter how much I push the accelerator pedal (Even when I really rev it). I have to wait up to 10 minutes until its starts OK again (Very embarrassing at a fuel station). This problem seems to be intermittent, sometimes its fine for the whole day. I have cleaned all the EFI relays and related main relays and fuses but still the same problem. This has only been happening in the last 2 weeks or so. Could it be the fuel pump itself or ECU? Help! please. I use premium high octane unleaded fuel always.

Relpy to smoke discription Lexus SC400 stalling

Hi Lex,

I don't really notice to much smoke at all except a fuel smell maybe its white?? like it's running rich I guess. I will take more notice next time it happens. Just for more info, it has 157,063KM or 97,556 Miles on the clock and Cam belt has been replaced recently. When running normally it has no smoke at all (even at high revs) very good in that way plus no loss of power etc. As I said in previous thread it runs well when it starts OK.

PS Do you know how to pull the error codes?

Reply to leaking injectors SC400

Hi again

This seems extreme, I hope its not that, would this be an expensive fix?
Just wondering if it is the fuel I use that has caused the problem. In Australia we have 98 Octane fuel with ethanol

It sounds a little like you have too much fuel to allow it to start.

Could it be the cold start injector turning on due to a faulty temp sensor.

If you want to PM me your address I'll post you up a spare sensor to try.

I have the same problem. Did you fix yours?

Hi. I have the same problem with my 1992 Lexus SC400 with 102000 miles on it. Did you fix yours? What was it?