Dynoed my n/a 1UZ-FE with w58 tranny

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rwdfreak

Engine: is from a 1991 LS400. 200 000 miles unopened stock engine
Mods are: modified stock manifold up to stock catalytic converters and Y pipe to a single 2 3/8" Pipe and mufflers, open air filter, lightweight flywheel mated to a w58 manual tranmission and the fan clutch and A/C where removed.

I really like the flat torque curve, but kinda wonders why there is a drop at 3.5k rpm. My guess is that the pressure waves caused by the valve in the intake and the exhaust is out of phase in both the intake runners and the exhaust manifolds while one of them is in phase at 2.5k rpm and again at 4200rpm and the other one is only in phase at 4.2k rpm.

I kinda like the fact that lexus advertised the maximum power at 5600rpm when it's actually dropping quite fast in that region.

I don't know why the best run was when the guy left the trottle at around 5600rpm.

dynograph2.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

I don't even bother going in second and 4th anymore when I'm not driving hard. When I'm playing in the traffic or cruising down I do 1-3-5 and if I want to stay quiet it's 1-4. You can go from 25mph all the way out to the maximum "which will be rev limited to about 150mph" in 5th gear without any problem (it isn't that fast up to 3000rpm though).

I was happy with the results given that it was my first big swap and given the fact that I mostly did it alone on a low budget.

Now I'll enjoy it for a while and when I get some money we'll see if I put some boost on it or just do some head jobs with new cams, better exhaust, shorter manifolds and a standalone to get up to around 300whp

Thanks guys.

The Hp is OK, but the best is the linear torque curve. I really enjoy the ride given that the engine as a good 300 000km on the clock and that I was able to keep the budget for the swap around 3500$ (with all manual conversion kit and a couple of nice looking parts). One thing really nice is the quiet sound it makes at idle and low input. I get a lot of attention for the car and people are always suprise when I tell them it's a V8 under the bonnet. It's definatly a sleeper as people don't expect this car to get out of the box.

It's not the fastess car around, but in that chassis with all the other modification I have (suspension, tire and brakes) it's really fun to drive. The car feels light mostly like it was connected to the drivers brain. The only bad thing is the clutch harsh engagement in reverse (probably a bit of slop in the diff too.) and couple of parts hanging only a coupl of inch off the ground (front sway bar and most of the exhaust components between the axels.

Video to come

Here's the vid off the 3 dyno pulls: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGVGRzJUJNo

The muffler is a Dynomax Super Turbo for those interested. I could not be happier with the sound it makes. It's i not too loud or to quiet and it makes it sound like a 4cams engine instead of a making it sound like a pushrod.

2 years ago I would have never expected this car to make such a melody.

hey man awesome run! so great that 1uz puts out close to 200ft/lb of torque at just above idle hahah

question for you! what belt did you without the ac?

Dayco p/n 5060635 it's a 6PK1615
Fits like a glove no other mods needed except that you'll need to get rid of the stock fan clutch. No way you can tranfer enough power to turn the fan clutch because of the loss of angular contact with the belt by the pulley.

Thanks both of you for the comments.

Il get more power eventualy and let you guys know how it turns out.

I really like the flat torque curve, but kinda wonders why there is a drop at 3.5k rpm. My guess is that the pressure waves caused by the valve in the intake and the exhaust is out of phase in both the intake runners and the exhaust manifolds while one of them is in phase at 2.5k rpm and again at 4200rpm and the other one is only in phase at 4.2k rpm.

It looks like the engine has a variable tuned manfiold.