Diagnostic plug - any need to keep it?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mat Grant

Hi all,

I'm wiring a 1uz, I've got the loom off the car and going through it with the diagram it all checks out.

However there are a few connections that are not on any diagrams I've seen - the engine is off a 1992 soarer, the 40/40/40 plug type of ECU. There are about 5 wires I can't locate on the diagram, they go to the diagnostic plug., a couple spliced, to diagnostic plug and one of the in car plugs.

Before I remove these - is there any reason why I should keep the diagnostic plug? If there is no useful reason to keep it I will happily strip all the wiring from it out of the loom.

Thanks, Mat.

I generally add the extra required wires into the engine bay diagnostic plug to allow more scanners to access data from them. Of coarse the factory soarer had the main diagnostic plug located in the cabin which I always wire in my own plug to allow my adaptor to be connected to access live data and codes. If the customer supplies the correct plug then I wire that for them but most don't unfortunately. Every loom I do has the scanner connected before leaving the workshop. Having a connection to a scanner can save many hours of diagnostic time.