custom sump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

synergy_ako

Hey guys just ordered the flanges to make a custom sump ( from the bottom of the block), is there any major rules or big don'ts when designing something like this for a custom application??
Obviously avoid the down swing of the counter weight on the crank I've never really looked much into the lubrication system of the 1uz and a handy link would be good !!

Hi
It's all about what material you are going to use, I used aluminium as I thought it would be a easier job to do. I made it for a dry sump setup, You need to stop distortion when welding, I used an old block and let it cool down before removing.

Attachments

• Sump Done.jpg
    Sump Done.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 77
  • Sump Done1.jpg
    Sump Done1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Sump Strainer.jpg
    Sump Strainer.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 62
Looks good mate,
I've got a steel template I think it's 6mm or 1/4" thick and a boil by trade so I will be able to fab something up. I like your dry sump idea I've got limited room everywhere but wouldn't mind having a go at building an ally one, in the future!
Yeah heat is the killer in these thin, but large area jobs I've got access to a milling machine and head grinder so few passes to square it up should do the trick stay tuned for the updates!!