Crown 1UZ fan removal.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

361UZ

YEs, I know it's been done, but the search keeps on bringing up blank threads (old??).
Anyway, I want to remove the fan hub from my 1UZ that was in a Crown, so it has/had the viscous coupling fan.
I have taken off the mounting plate, but apart from cutting the whole thing in 1/2, how do I remove the fan hub?

Thanks.

131 crown viscious fan units unbolt from the bearing assembly. Maybe some photos of what you are trying to do would help. Cheers

Ok. I want to remove the fan hub...
I am dispensing with all the ancillaries, except the alternator. I am Ok with the fan... But I want to remove the hub bearing etc from the front plate.
Cheers. And thanks for the reply.

The main bearing is pressed into the housing. I think you would be better to find a hydraulic pump to strip and sell your Crown one on. They crown ones are good for when someone is using a/c and needs to replace the hydro pump. Cheers

Sorry about the lack of reply...
Until now.

I removed the fan hub assembly complete, and replaced it with a fabricated cover.

It took me the better part of a day, using CAD to get the design right then aircraft shears and file to get the shape right.

I will post a piccy if anyone is interested.

**"CAD = Cardboard Aided Design"...

Jeff,

Pleas post up how you did it in the Fabrication Section with dimensions (if possible) so it can be of use to others.

Jeff,

Pleas post up how you did it in the Fabrication Section with dimensions (if possible) so it can be of use to others.

Two years and a bit later... I'd love to!

But with Boto Phucket playing naughty boys, how do I post pictures?
I got it right on Ozrodders, but I cant see the same facility on here.