Conversion parts list 1uz in 1st gen 4runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Dirk,

I have some interest in this also. But you need to answer a couple of questions.

Manual or automatic transmission?

Solid front axle or IRS?

Keep AC and power steering?

Any lift on 4Runner? (body or suspension)?

Jake

Jake
I would like to stay manual but I would move to auto if it was cheaper

We are IFS now but someday will be solid
yes keep AC and power steering

4" lift with a 2" body

Thanks Dirk

Dirk,

Cheaper or expensive is up to you. None of my questions were motivated by cost considerations. I don't have a list for you. But I have been for a couple of years keeping my eyes open for a nice 1st gen 4runner to swap. There is some information I have collected. But I have never tried this swap yet. So what I am about to tell you should be taken with that in mind.

I want an IFS but I also want to keep it that way for what I am looking for. From what I have read you will need a rear sump pan. The issue you will run into will be the brake booster. With a 1" body lift you sort that. With a 2" you should have no issue there. With the AC and power steering left (Me also) you will need to get a turbo truck 3 core radiator. But I would strongly recommend getting something from like "Be Cool" aluminum radiators.

Doing an auto will be cheaper. Especially if you are starting with an auto truck. The 4runner already came with a A series auto same as the Lexus. I would swap in the Lexus transmission to make hookups easier. If you plan on making this a smog legal truck you will have to go automatic. Its the only way to be legal in this state. Although there are a couple of counties up by you that are smog exempt. If you live up there then you are golden.

Jake

jake, he still wouldn't be able to pass bar with a 1uz. he would have to go with a 2uz because it came in a truck. You can't use car/passenger vehicle engines in trucks/commercial vehicles or vice versa when going for California bar test.

Nope on one point. There have been several 1U conversion 4runners done that have past smog in California. A local guy just sold recently a beautiful example on Bringatralier. The smog refs do not car one bit about car or truck. There have been countless 1U's put in Toyota RV's here in California and passed smog. Several have bought my engine mounts. As long as it has the correct automatic behind it and functions like it is in the Lexus model that it was removed from. Also it has to have all the parts around it properly.

Jake